Back to the 5150/Caparison combo for me!

:|::QBB:
killertone":146f4 said:
Have you seen that finish in person? It looks great in the pics to me.

I have not seen any of the new "Pro" finishes in person yet, no. A few guys on the Caparison forum have Dellingers in the old gloss TDR finish though.

wow, nice caparison! what's your rig at the moment, mark?

nice new avatar by the way. i can never decide if lohan is hot or not, but in your pic she is.

dave_mc":e8ab7 said:
wow, nice caparison! what's your rig at the moment, mark?

nice new avatar by the way. i can never decide if lohan is hot or not, but in your pic she is.

Caparison TAT II/5150/Bogner 412 with V30's

That's it, along with a few pedals like my OD808, ISP, Boss RV-3, and Vox wah.

LL was hot as hell a few years back...but she's gone downhill ever since. :aww:

Hey Mark,

Did you ever boost the BM with the 808 or any other kind of clean boost? If so, did it take well to it at all?

In other news, I've got practice tonight, and I must say, I'm quite stoked to hear what it sounds like with the band.....I really hope it doesn't dissapoint.

-Ans-

Megadeth7684":27e90 said:

Caparison TAT II/5150/Bogner 412 with V30's

That's it, along with a few pedals like my OD808, ISP, Boss RV-3, and Vox wah.

LL was hot as hell a few years back...but she's gone downhill ever since. :aww:

ah, so the blackmore is gone again?

and yeah, true about LL.

guitarslingerans":c7928 said:
Hey Mark,

Did you ever boost the BM with the 808 or any other kind of clean boost? If so, did it take well to it at all?

In other news, I've got practice tonight, and I must say, I'm quite stoked to hear what it sounds like with the band.....I really hope it doesn't dissapoint.

-Ans-

I know you were asking Mark, but I really like how the Blackmore sounds boosted. I use a Maxon OD-9 with mine and I like it a lot! I also have a 808, but I prefer the OD-9.

:thumbsup:

tnourse":4c2e4 said:

I know you were asking Mark, but I really like how the Blackmore sounds boosted. I use a Maxon OD-9 with mine and I like it a lot! I also have a 808, but I prefer the OD-9.

Hmm. What does the boost add to the ol' BM that makes it mo' betta? Keep in mind, I am usually doing the heavy rhythm stuff in my band, and then I also do leads, so I need that big bad ass overall tone, more-so than seperate rhythm and lead tones.

-Ans-

guitarslingerans":9ad26 said:

Hmm. What does the boost add to the ol' BM that makes it mo' betta? Keep in mind, I am usually doing the heavy rhythm stuff in my band, and then I also do leads, so I need that big bad ass overall tone, more-so than seperate rhythm and lead tones.

-Ans-

Kind of hard to explain, but it opens up the tone more. Make the amp sound more full. But the boost does take a way a bit of the bottom end, so I had to adjust my tone controls to make up for that.

Tell you the truth, I use my Blackmore more with a boost then without for high gain tones.

guitarslingerans":01221 said:
Hey Mark,

-Ans-

Yeah I've tried it, but Engl's in general don't really work well with boosts IMO. It doesn't sound bad...but it really doesn't change the character of the amp at all. The only real use I could see for a boost would be to use with channel 2, or possibly channel 3.

A boost sounds great in Ch. 3 but I don't think Ch. 4 needs it at all. My low end is very tight and controlled w/o a boost and there is more than enough gain on tap IMO.

Megadeth7684":310f0 said:

I've only had to pay customs fees one time (from Canada of all places), and it was only $40. Usually with EMS there isn't any extra fees. Guitar Asylum wants $2400 for a TAT, I think I'll stick with Japan. :yes:

Nice!!!

:yes:

^ ah, that'd be a good choice, lol. nice piece of kit. i'm just trying to decide if i need a second for the loop, lol.

Megadeth7684":27006 said:

What kinda guitar you playing now Hank? You had to get rid of the Horus HGS right? :(

Brent from Gutierrez is in tha middle of building one for me... Mahonany body, maple neck thru and maple finger board..

Here's the pics Brent has sent me so far.

3amigos.jpg

hanksneck.jpg

Back