Edumcate me on Edwards LP's and PRS guitars

tweed

Im gassing hard for both, never played either in my life. PRS look sweet but not sure what I should be looking for and what I should avoid. I've never even owned an LP lol. Played a few LP's but that has been quite a while ago.

If you go the Edwards route get the Nitro model, my Sykes was a great guitar for the money but the guitar suffered from the same thing that 80s kramers did.......2" of poly covering the body.

IMO get a well played LP custom and be done with it.

The Edwards LP I had was very disappointing. It was the E-LP-105CE. I bought it new from Japan, and I sold it very quickly. The whole guitar just felt cheap to me. The knobs were junk, the inlays looked awful, the ebony fretboard wasn't very nice, and it just felt plastic. I'd take an old MIJ Burny LP Custom over any Edwards. I don't see why the Edwards get to much praise, they're basically the same thing as the ESP/LTD 400 level guitars.

:|::QBB:
Megadeth7684":6d711 said:
The Edwards LP I had was very disappointing. It was the E-LP-105CE. I bought it new from Japan, and I sold it very quickly. The whole guitar just felt cheap to me. The knobs were junk, the inlays looked awful, the ebony fretboard wasn't very nice, and it just felt plastic. I'd take an old MIJ Burny LP Custom over any Edwards. I don't see why the Edwards get to much praise, they're basically the same thing as the ESP/LTD 400 level guitars.

I played a Tokai LP and it felt the same way. It had a cheap, plastic sort of feel. And don't get me started on Agiles, they're crap.

tweed":7d113 said:
Im gassing hard for both, never played either in my life. PRS look sweet but not sure what I should be looking for and what I should avoid. I've never even owned an LP lol. Played a few LP's but that has been quite a while ago.

With PRS, take your time and play a bunch of them. You can decide if you really need or want a 10 top and bird inlays. Those are costy cosmetica upgrades, but the non 10 tops and moon inlays don't have as a high a value in the used market.

The McCarty models are aimed at guys who wanted an LP tone with PRS feel.

The Custom 22 and 24's have hotter pickups and a few other slight differences.

Megadeth7684":8a8b7 said:

Your fantasy team is going down this week. :D

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I have 2 pitchers designated as SP. And 3 others just as P. DO i get the stats each week from the guys designated as P? I assume you don't get stats from BN's?

danyeo":8a788 said:

With PRS, take your time and play a bunch of them. You can decide if you really need or want a 10 top and bird inlays. Those are costy cosmetica upgrades, but the non 10 tops and moon inlays don't have as a high a value in the used market.

Yeah a non-ten top no birds model can be had for a good price used, I have seen them in great shape for around $1100.

danyeo":7facb said:

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I have 2 pitchers designated as SP. And 3 others just as P. DO i get the stats each week from the guys designated as P? I assume you don't get stats from BN's?

Yeah, everyone gets points except for bench players. Say you have a guy pitching today, so you put him in the "P" slot, all his stats count, then you can bench him until his next start.

Megadeth7684":02ef0 said:

Yeah, everyone gets points except for bench players. Say you have a guy pitching today, so you put him in the "P" slot, all his stats count, then you can bench him until his next start.

Ok, so there's not much difference between the 2 SP slots and the other P slots.

And Manny is killing me, he hasn't done shit soo far. And Balls Deep has A-rod who is on an absolute tear. Yanks play the A's later this week. :D

danyeo":71b3e said:

Ok, so there's not much difference between the 2 SP slots and the other P slots.

And Manny is killing me, he hasn't done shit soo far. And Balls Deep has A-rod who is on an absolute tear. Yanks play the A's later this week. :D

Nah, the SP and P slots are the same thing, there's no difference between them.

Looks like they'll have to face Rich Harden on Saturday. I'll put money on that game if you're interested. :D

Megadeth7684":12516 said:

That's a real downer..I've been wanting an Edwards LP but if it's anything like the LTD400 I had..plastic piece of shitty sounding junk..then 4get it :(

JKD":b57e2 said:

That's a real downer..I've been wanting an Edwards LP but if it's anything like the LTD400 I had..plastic piece of shitty sounding junk..then 4get it :(

Why dont you ask Sgt Thump and Daver101 about them......they owned a ton and liked them. Those two have probably owned and gigged about 200 guitars :lol:

JKD":1682a said:

It sounded about the same as the EC-400 I had, it just wasn't as nice IMO.

7eafa9b1.jpg

913fad26.jpg

a69c1e21.jpg

The stock photo on Edwards website makes it look a whole lot better than it really is.

If you want a real nice, quality LP copy...Burny is where it's at.

http://guitargai.com/html_folder/gai_otherAA1.html#

BurnyLPCustomBlack2.jpg

BurnyLPCustomBlack3.jpg

They sound huge. The Edwards I had wasn't even in the same league.

Burny or Greco or Orville. All made by the same factory, right? All I know is that I have played one from each brand and they all sounded great and can be had for around $1K.

danyeo":8543c said:

+1 What exactly are you looking to et out of the guitar?

danyeo":69656 said:

I don't have A-Rod... I just put the beat-down on last week with a balanced attack :D (just no power hitters)...

Back