any info on Fender Supersonic or vox ac30

larryb

I going to buy a new amp . I have looked at the Fender and the Vox. Any info on reliability and performance of these amps? Any other suggestions on amps to consider along the lines of the Fender and Vox? :confused:

The supersonic rocks balls, it's basically a vibro, bassman, and prosonic in one amp. If that sounds like sex to you, that's your amp.

I've heard good and bad about both amps. The Fender is super versatile, but quality control seems spotty. So be sure to play several and find a good one.

The new AC30cc gets raves for tone, classic rock sounds. The downside is the positioning of the tubes, you almost need to remove the chassis to swap them out.

:|::QBB:
larryb":11c32 said:
I going to buy a new amp . I have looked at the Fender and the Vox. Any info on reliability and performance of these amps? Any other suggestions on amps to consider along the lines of the Fender and Vox? :confused:

What do you need it for ... practice, small clubs, recording? What amps do you have now?

The AC-30 would be my choice but maybe consider a separate head and different cabs for different gigs... check out this website:

http://100watttops.wetpaint.com/

Johnny

:m21: :beardbang: :m21:

I would go for the AC-30. I am not a fan of the Prosonics. It is not a Vibrolux, Bassman & Prosonic in a box. It can get close in sound to the Prosonic but it is more compressed. If you have played a Bassman or Vibrolux you would be dissappointed. Now if you haven't, you may like it just fine.

I am not really sure what you are looking for, single channel, dual channel, more channels?

Vox just released a Vox AC50CP and AC100CP. Its basically an 'AC30-like' clean channel and a nice gain channel. Its vox's answer to the supersonic. The clean is nicer on the AC30CC than the AC50CP, but its something to consider if you are looking for a 2 channel head.

:|::QBB:
illini":c034d said:
I would go for the AC-30. I am not a fan of the Prosonics. It is not a Vibrolux, Bassman & Prosonic in a box. It can get close in sound to the Prosonic but it is more compressed. If you have played a Bassman or Vibrolux you would be dissappointed. Now if you haven't, you may like it just fine.

I've previously used blackface and silverface bassman heads as my main amps, and I'm not dissapointed at all with the supersonic. It can get those sounds and also give you really good higher-gain sounds when you need them.

Back