What are the mesa 4x12 cabs like?

Jbone

Specifically paired with a recto. Are they going to accentuate the loosness. What would be a night tight cab to pair up with the head?

The Traditional aka Stiletto cabinets are just amazing. They're tighter than the Standard aka Rectifier cabinets and work amazingly well with most any amp out there.

They are solid, well built cabs that you may or may not like tonewise so I would try one out first if you can.

I have a fully sealed Roadking 4x12, Roadking 2x12 and Recto 2x12 and they all sound good and tight for me.

The 2x12 cabs especially are quite compact and throw out great bass response for their size while still being plenty tight IMO.

I have a traditional with V30 and I really like it with my Mark III and previously with my Single rectifier.

:|::QBB:
shredhead666":4d810 said:
Std. = shitty sound, superior construction.
Trad. = shittier sound, superior construction.

Get a splawn or Bogner cab.

I don't think the Mesa cabs sound shitty, but I do agree Bogner cabs sound better.

shredhead666":a91d8 said:

What is the difference between the Tradtional Recto cab and the Bogner or Splawn? The Bogner has V30s right (not sure about the Splawn) unless you go for the uber kab?

I really like my Traditional Recto 4x12...I also have a 1960A and it seems like it weighs half as much as the recto cab.

shredhead666":9d5d0 said:

What is the difference between the Tradtional Recto cab and the Bogner or Splawn? The Bogner has V30s right (not sure about the Splawn) unless you go for the uber kab?

I really like my Traditional Recto 4x12...I also have a 1960A and it seems like it weighs half as much as the recto cab.

Every one of my amps sounds good through the recto, including my Triple Recto. I've never used another cab besied a Marshall, so I really wonder if I'm missing something.

I was kind of thinking that the recto cabs would probably make the recto even looser also. What are some good cabs for around the same price that are going to keep the bass tight and give a nice clear sound

Jbone":667c6 said:
I was kind of thinking that the recto cabs would probably make the recto even looser also. What are some good cabs for around the same price that are going to keep the bass tight and give a nice clear sound

The oversized Recto cabs would make them sound flubby, however the smaller traditional (now called Stiletto) cabs are tight, punchy and warm. They are perfect for Rectos.

-Ans-

The oversized cabs seem to get alot of bad press on the various internet forums, I don't think they are really all that bad IMO, even with Recto's.

Rayneman":52564 said:

Every one of my amps sounds good through the recto, including my Triple Recto. I've never used another cab besied a Marshall, so I really wonder if I'm missing something.

Lots of cabs have V30's, but that doesn't mean they all sound the same. I've owned 3 different brands of cabs with V30's and each one sounded different. My Marshall 1960AV didn't sound nearly as huge as my Bogner, or even my Randall XL cab. The Mesa cabs are really nice, but the Bogner cabs sound better to me. Never played a Splawn, but the quality on those seems awesome too.

hey mega how did you like your randall cab, I was looking at a couple of the xl models, I've heard that they are nice cabs. I'm pretty much interested in either the randall or genz benz

Back