After 7 years of Engl-abuse, this is my new setup

lordriffenstein

3_New_setup_1.jpg

The 2 Lenders-cabs are loaded with different speakers, one has Emi Governors, the other Emi Wizards. The Wizards are a test after hearing them at the Musikmesse, they sound very open and clear. Governor-cab will mostly be used with the Masotti in the coverband(s) and the Wizard-cab with the Carr for my blues-gig.

Rack has the usual suspects, I made a small change to the pedalshelf though. It now has 2 Advance overdrives, 1 that I use on the clean channel of the Carr and the other as boost with the Masotti. I also added my AM-modded Maxon SD-9.

Yup, my last Engl will be gone by the end of the week. Owned the Sav 120 for nearly 7 years, the Sav SE for about 5. The last Engl-stuff left in my posession is a baseball cap :lol:

:|::QBB:
espquade":52c7e said:
Curious why the departure fron Engl ?

Change in taste, change in tone. I went from liking the highmid-voicing of the Engls to more lowermid voiced amps. The Masotti nails the multi-channel tones I want, the Carr is the perfect blues/bluesrock amp. I still like Engl amps but found other stuff that I dig even more. I´m still jonesing for a Flexi as well :D

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":4a57a said:
wow....I would never have guessed this day would come from the flame wars of the good old days :D

Nice rig Yoeri!

Well, if you told me a year ago I would sell my Engls, I would have laughed you in the face :D The Masotti came in June and it totally rocked my boat. Had a little mod done in December which brought it to current specs and it got even better (more open, less compressed). The Carr was a lucky shot, I wasn´t even in the market for an amp but it was marked down and I had to test it. End of story. I would have loved to keep the Savage SE but I ALSO bought the Tyler this year so my bank account was hurting A LOT.

Back