JVM clip inside

I think it sounds badass! Needs a little more presence or cut or something but overall a really nice tone... How loud was it in the room? A Peacemaker is an amp I've always wanted to try but didn't think you could get decent tone at low volume levels with one...?

:|::QBB:
Gainfreak":e96b8 said:
This is what I came up with so far at lunch.

Power dampening set pretty high. Not sure if I dig it yet...whaddya think?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5246821&q=hi

me likie! :thumbsup:

Try hitting it with a boost pedal

Gainfreak":cdd22 said:
Sup Bro bro!!

I did hit it with a pedal but just a bit.

Pat sent me an Ibanez TS7 and I like the pedal but (I'll probably use it with the Super Reverb) prefer using a LPB2 or a MXR 10 band with the PM.

I actually took me a while to get used to the feel of the amp, but now feel like we've bonded properly.

PS, you rawk!!!! :thumbsup:

Ok Gents, I'M just fucking around here. The clip is of Scotts (digital_Jams )marshall JVM.

It's guitar straight into the JVM's amber/orange channel with the gain at noon. no boost was used at all.
Celestion h30 speakers. Clip took all about 5 seconds to record with a mic aimed at the cab at a 45 degree angle. The clip was also recorded 2 weeks ago after taking the amp out of the box ;)

Sorry about the lying/bullshitting but I wanted to see if any thought this sounded like the peacemaker ;)

Ralph

Gainfreak":124db said:

Your modded Marshall doesn't get this?

Gainfreak":116c9 said:
Ok Gents, I'M just fucking around here. The clip is of Scotts (digital_Jams )marshall JVM.

It's guitar straight into the JVM's amber/orange channel with the gain at noon. no boost was used at all.
Celestion h30 speakers. Clip took all about 5 seconds to record with a mic aimed at the cab at a 45 degree angle. The clip was also recorded 2 weeks ago after taking the amp out of the box ;)

Sorry about the lying/bullshitting but I wanted to see if any thought this sounded like the peacemaker ;)

Ralph

I was thinking to myself you wouldn't be able to turn a Peacemaker up very much at all in your condo.

Sounds great. Is that the purple GMW? I tried to make a quick clip of the JVM when i had it but it sounded like crap recorded, but i think it didn't like the pickups of the guitar i was using.

danyeo":58638 said:

I was thinking to myself you wouldn't be able to turn a Peacemaker up very much at all in your condo.

Sounds great. Is that the purple GMW? I tried to make a quick clip of the JVM when i had it but it sounded like crap recorded, but i think it didn't like the pickups of the guitar i was using.

Yup Purple GMW with the a duncan custom in the Bridge. I actually hated the clip at first but it reminded me of the peacemaker clips (without the chirp) so I posted it :hys:

Gainfreak":50bff said:

Sounds Awesome!

Don't give me Marshall GAS dammit!! :doh: :lol:

I already have Cameron GAS...............

Gainfreak":90950 said:

Ralph

Definately has the vibe. :thumbsup:

donbarzini":40bce said:

Golden Shower Anyone?

brad001.jpg

Damn that amp sounds great! So crunchy, big and fat sounding. The only bad thing about that clip is that it ended as soon as the lead playing begun. :cry:

Thanks for the clip, Ralph. :cool:

The sound reminded me a lot of Zakk's sound on NMT's "Desire" not only because of the similar licks. The sound on this clip was crunchier though.

-Jaakko

Back