Randall RM100 gig review

I think the Randall stuff is excellent...especially for the price.

However, if you can afford it, the Egnater gear is well worth the difference in price IMHO. There is a lot more to it than just an extra channel per module. The amps just plain sound and feel better. I have owned both and would use the Randall in a heartbeat if I couldn't afford the Eggy.

I have seen a few RM100's go pretty cheap lately unloaded...like $600 or less.

Stratotone,

I am glad you are digging the amp, I wouldnt right off the modded SL+ module, mine was the tightest of the three hi-gain modules that I had. Also try putting in a tighter cap in the Recto module, most people like it better that way.

Killer amp for sure, I used to bring it over to my friends house to jam, but after fucking my back up a few times, I decided it was more a unmoveable object than a gig or practice amp. Thats really the amps only weakness, it feels at least twice as heavy than any other amp head I have ever owned, Engl, marshall, mesa, randall etc etc......

:|::QBB:
BOOGIE444":fe79b said:
Stratotone,

I am glad you are digging the amp, I wouldnt right off the modded SL+ module, mine was the tightest of the three hi-gain modules that I had. Also try putting in a tighter cap in the Recto module, most people like it better that way.

Killer amp for sure, I used to bring it over to my friends house to jam, but after fucking my back up a few times, I decided it was more a unmoveable object than a gig or practice amp. Thats really the amps only weakness, it feels at least twice as heavy than any other amp head I have ever owned, Engl, marshall, mesa, randall etc etc......

Exactly, it's heavy as HELL. I think I'm going to buy a marshall amp case that's basically a reinforced nylon bag with wheels on it like a piece of luggage.

I'll probably end up modding my modules like I did before - I took a brown module and put a switch in it to select between two different cap values - one stock, one tighter. Made the module a lot cooler imho. Thanks again for the great deal, the amp rocks! I just wish it would go on a diet.

Pete

It has the biggest god damn trannies I've seen in any head so far. I guess it's overbuilt to allow it to run so many different power tube types with ease. I have the RM100 M1 and agree that it's one heavy ass motherfucker. I don't move it that much though so no biggie.

I'm sorta on the fence with it since it's near impossible to set up with a GT8. I'm not gettin rid of the GT8 either. Hmm JVM time :)

Stratotone,

you might want to consider an skb head case. It is awesome in that is is a strong, not too heavy , case that can fit a variety of heads ( i put and mesa and a vetta in it depending on what I am using for a show. It has a pull out handle , wheels, comes with foam to line it with and has enough extra room to put your power chord, speaker cables , etc. And it seems like you could run a truck over it and it would still be intact.

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?id=29&c=86&o=&s=75#

skb_720ampheadcase_clsd.jpg

Back