JVM clip inside

I thought Peacemaker+condo=BS! :D But I didn't know what the catch was going to be. Sounds great. We're going to have to stop using the phrase 'modded marshall' because now there's a stock marshall that sounds better than most modded marshalls...

:|::QBB:
Gainfreak":f161d said:
oh yeah...hit with an boss od pedal a bit.

I was just about to say that I know you have had to hit that with a boost. sounds frigg'n good though. Raw and nasty......thats how I like em :D

Gainfreak":2a670 said:
Ok Gents, I'M just fucking around here. The clip is of Scotts (digital_Jams )marshall JVM.

It's guitar straight into the JVM's amber/orange channel with the gain at noon. no boost was used at all.
Celestion h30 speakers. Clip took all about 5 seconds to record with a mic aimed at the cab at a 45 degree angle. The clip was also recorded 2 weeks ago after taking the amp out of the box ;)

Sorry about the lying/bullshitting but I wanted to see if any thought this sounded like the peacemaker ;)

Ralph

LOL.....you bastid! I was wandering how you got that sound out of a PM......makes sense now. Sounds great no doubt about that. Are JVM's getting a bad rap that you had to disguise it as a PM? I haven't been on the up and up with the JVM talk. :aww:

Gainfreak":dd552 said:
Ok Gents, I'M just fucking around here. The clip is of Scotts (digital_Jams )marshall JVM.

It's guitar straight into the JVM's amber/orange channel with the gain at noon. no boost was used at all.
Celestion h30 speakers. Clip took all about 5 seconds to record with a mic aimed at the cab at a 45 degree angle. The clip was also recorded 2 weeks ago after taking the amp out of the box ;)

Sorry about the lying/bullshitting but I wanted to see if any thought this sounded like the peacemaker ;)

Ralph
You've recorded a clip? I have to mark that into the Calendar :D

Badass sounding my friend.

tweed":40e16 said:
Did you get a chance to run it thru the AxeTrak Ralph? Im curious to know how it went if you did.

No Randy, I did not get a chance to. I kind of tried it though all of my speaker cabs but I didn't think about usinf the azetrak for some stupid reason. I can't see it sucking though!

ratter":76de3 said:
I thought Peacemaker+condo=BS! :D But I didn't know what the catch was going to be. Sounds great. We're going to have to stop using the phrase 'modded marshall' because now there's a stock marshall that sounds better than most modded marshalls...

:lol: Thanks Mike!

That's the main reason why I don't own a peacemaker!! I'm sure my neighbors would kick the crap out of me :hys:
I agree about dropping the Modded Marshall phrase!! The amp is killer IMHO.

BrentSP":08cf9 said:

LOL.....you bastid! I was wandering how you got that sound out of a PM......makes sense now. Sounds great no doubt about that. Are JVM's getting a bad rap that you had to disguise it as a PM? I haven't been on the up and up with the JVM talk. :aww:

:hys:

Hey Brent how have you been?

Nah.. The JVM's aren't getting a bad rap IMHO. A few weird and mixed reviews but the buzz has been great about them so far. Someone had asked a while ago if the JVM can do a peacemaker type tone and I had that clip laying around and decided to have some fun.

duesentrieb":5d7aa said:
You've recorded a clip? I have to mark that into the Calendar :D

Badass sounding my friend.

Olaf!!

Hey Brother! Believe me, I did not intend on ever posting that :hys: Just having some fun!!

How are you?

Ralph

MrDan666":d6219 said:
That sounded awesome Ralphie!! JVM seems to be a killer amp!

God your playing reminds me alot of Lynch, but i prefer your vibrato when you go for it and shred it up!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan!!

What's new?

Gainfreak":f0147 said:

Thanks Dan!!

What's new?

No probs bro! You rock!!

Nothing much new here, although i meant to tell ya im getting some fuckin crazy tones from the Cameron right now. R7 Les Paul -> PQ-3 -> Cameron with Greenbacks 4x12. Im not far off of nailing Sykes Jose Marshall tone!!! :D I managed to cop that sound where it sounds like the amp is about to explode :D

MrDan666":5db18 said:

No probs bro! You rock!!

Nothing much new here, although i meant to tell ya im getting some fuckin crazy tones from the Cameron right now. R7 Les Paul -> PQ-3 -> Cameron with Greenbacks 4x12. Im not far off of nailing Sykes Jose Marshall tone!!! :D I managed to cop that sound where it sounds like the amp is about to explode :D

Dude!! That's a nasty combo you got there!! Tone heaven! That said, I love the about to explode sound!! I try to capture that everytime I play :D

Damnit, back from the dr's office and im still trying to figure out a payment plan to get one of these amps. Ugh....

Gainfreak":27171 said:

Dude!! That's a nasty combo you got there!! Tone heaven! That said, I love the about to explode sound!! I try to capture that everytime I play :D

Tell me about it man, its freakin awesome!!!

I tried running it Wet/Dry that way adding in some chorus and verb, and a touch of delay for leads. It sounds pretty much like the 1st Blue Murder cd, which is my alltime favorite tone. Theres this frequency in the distorted tone that makes it so unique, its almost slightly nasally but still thick. I dont know what it is is but im sure you know what i mean!!!

lamppost":dcedd said:
A Gainfreak clip sighting!! :eek:

Sounds great man! Nice and raw! A shame it wasn't longer, though.

hahaha!! Thanks!!!

That said, the clip was longer but I cut out the chum! It sounded like I was falling down the stairs trying to catch myself :D:D The whole thing was unplanned and I didn't know WTF to play :D

MrDan666":bad71 said:

Tell me about it man, its freakin awesome!!!

I tried running it Wet/Dry that way adding in some chorus and verb, and a touch of delay for leads. It sounds pretty much like the 1st Blue Murder cd, which is my alltime favorite tone. Theres this frequency in the distorted tone that makes it so unique, its almost slightly nasally but still thick. I dont know what it is is but im sure you know what i mean!!!

I definitely know what you mean!! That sound is GODLIKE!! :D

Gainfreak":49f08 said:
This is what I came up with so far at lunch.

Power dampening set pretty high. Not sure if I dig it yet...whaddya think?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5246821&q=hi

Man, you have some TONE going on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Back