Anyone ever heard of Vanweelden amps? Bonamassa uses them...

simbasa

And says they are the best Dumble tones he has heard... beating out Fuchs and Two-Rock. I could not find any info on the amp but found this preamp which looks cool.
What do you guys think of this preamp tone- it's recorded direct. Check out all the short clips.
http://www.vanweelden.com/

If anyone has any info on the amp Joe uses give me a link please.

Quote from gear whore Joe on his forum-

The best dumble style amp have run across is the a amp that I use in europe and will have in the states later this month. Its called a Twinkleland and its made by Peter VanWeelden in Holland. Simply a stunning amp. The Two Rock has more of a high gain Eric Johnson thing.. Alot of people rave about the clean sound about those.. I think there is something wrong with mine cause it has no clean headroom.. The reason I havent sent it back to get serviced is that I really like it the way it is.. The fuchs is a combination of the the two amps I just described. All very good, very articulate and very direct. They are good a showcasing all my mistakes. Like playing a acoustic guitar in a outside way.. thanks Joe Bonamassa

:|::QBB:
danyeo":32097 said:
Joe was using Marshalls then Budda's. Is he going to be another gear whore like Lynch.

He's been switching it up gearwise for a while now. He's on a tonequest.

Have never heard of those amps, BTW, but not surprising since they're made in Europe.

ampjunkie":41736 said:
Did you hear those 'Gainland' clips?? Pretty nice tone....
I think they sound pretty damn good for a direct preamp out. I was hoping someone would know more about these. I emailed them but no reply yet. Maybe I will have to post this over on that other forum. :bleh:

Joe was using his Marshalls last year in July. He's playing Antones in May and I will be there. Expect a full report. :D

Telephant":58eea said:
Joe was using his Marshalls last year in July. He's playing Antones in May and I will be there. Expect a full report. :D
Cool. He's not coming my way for awhile...Let us know what his tone is like. The fans on his forum are clearly liking certain amp tones over others but they have a hard time figuring out which one he is using at certain points in the show.

Her is another quote from Joe about the amp -

The New amp is a Van Weelden "Twinkleland" its a wonderful amp that has a extrodonary clean and clear attack with enough gain to do the solos.. Its unlike anything Ive played.. Its basically a Dumble overdrive special with a few tweeks along the way.. They are build by hand by Peter Van Weelden one at a time.. Mine is #10. Joe Bonamassa

Here is the link to the thread as other members have the amp.
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1726

simbasa":e93f5 said:
:|::QBB:Cool. He's not coming my way for awhile...Let us know what his tone is like. The fans on his forum are clearly liking certain amp tones over others but they have a hard time figuring out which one he is using at certain points in the show.

Here is another quote from Joe about the amp -

The New amp is a Van Weelden "Twinkleland" its a wonderful amp that has a extrodonary clean and clear attack with enough gain to do the solos.. Its unlike anything Ive played.. Its basically a Dumble overdrive special with a few tweeks along the way.. They are build by hand by Peter Van Weelden one at a time.. Mine is #10. Joe Bonamassa

Here is the link to the thread as other members have the amp.
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1726

Looks like his Marshall is modded by Van Weelden as well.

I played a Van Weelden modded Marshall with some special trickery on board, there´s only 3 of those and 1 is owned by EVH. It nails the EVH tone, totally without a question BUT it is way more than that, the best Marshall I have ever heard/played. I have also heard more from the Gainland and it is one HELL of a tool.

Between the CAE and Eventide:

01_large.jpg

lordriffenstein":b36be said:
I played a Van Weelden modded Marshall with some special trickery on board, there´s only 3 of those and 1 is owned by EVH. It nails the EVH tone, totally without a question BUT it is way more than that, the best Marshall I have ever heard/played. I have also heard more from the Gainland and it is one HELL of a tool.

Between the CAE and Eventide:

01_large.jpg
Ok Ok. I have to get ahold of this guy now. :thumbsup: I emailed him to see where and how much the Gainland is. Apparently it takes him over 2 months to build the Twinkleland amp...there are only 10 of them. :eek:

Back