If you are into Ibanez you should get the History of Ibanez book.

:|::QBB:
Marshall Freak":85643 said:

I don't see the basis for that. It could be debated that it might be the best, but I don't see it as the "Most important" shred guitar at all. :no:

I know the Charvel camp will disagree big time and I cannot look past their importance and history but I can offer these reasons why it could be debated...........

The JEM also created the RG550, 560, 565, and 570 series guitars which were some of the most popular shred guitars during the 80s and even today.

The JEM was one of the first guitars with a full recessed Floyd pocket, Ibanez did this because they knew Steve hand chizeled his Charvel for more range bending up.

One of the first 25.5" 24 fret production guitars.

HSH five way switching was introduced in a production guitar with the JEM

Scalloped neck pockets

Production scalloped necks 21-24 frets.

I know all about Performance guitars, Valley Arts, Mighty Mite Parts, Schector during the Anderson days, Pensa-Suhr........but I stand by my statement at least until the Charvel guys pound my ass :lol:

I'm a "Charvel guy" :D Ibanez improved some things and I think it could be argued that they may have perfected what was started, but as far as importance goes, Charvel/Jackson pretty much created the "Super Strat" and the entire Shred genre was pretty much in full glory with Jacksons/Charvels by the time Ibanez came around with the JEM.

Marshall Freak":d0205 said:
I'm a "Charvel guy" :D Ibanez improved some things and I think it could be argued that they may have perfected what was started, but as far as importance goes, Charvel/Jackson pretty much created the "Super Strat" and the entire Shred genre was pretty much in full glory with Jacksons/Charvels by the time Ibanez came around with the JEM.

No doubt there and owning two Charvel like guitars being GMWs they have stood the test of time. Maybe perfected is a better word :)

Digital Jams":d50d5 said:

No doubt there and owning two Charvel like guitars being GMWs they have stood the test of time. Maybe perfected is a better word :)

:thumbsup: The only gripe I have with the JEM, and RG series guitars is that the neck is too thin for me. I had a black RG550, and a Desert Yellow RG 550, and I loved them, but the necks just don't suit me, they're too thin.

I just got an Ibanez yesterday. It's an '83 or 84 Roadstar II. I got one exactly like it in '84 or '85 and it was my first 'real' guitar. I was only 13 and it cost me 281.00 then and it took me nearly a year to pay my dad back.

LesPaulCustom022.jpg

not a big fan of coil splitting myself either, mainly the volume dropout typically bugs me...i like a dual humbucker 3 way switch myself

if i want a single coil tone, i've got a strat and tele for that...no i can't get all the sounds from a single guitar, but i'm cool with that

cobrahead1030":aea73 said:
not a big fan of coil splitting myself either, mainly the volume dropout typically bugs me...i like a dual humbucker 3 way switch myself

if i want a single coil tone, i've got a strat and tele for that...no i can't get all the sounds from a single guitar, but i'm cool with that

While jamming with my instructor he goes from drop tuning metal, slap funk, shred, chichen pickin...........all with the same guitar and it got me thinking about the guitar as a whole and what I want one guitar to do. He has a CS Jaskson SLH2T that does it all and very well.

GMW is going to build me my SLH2T type guitar, the SL-1 goes to Ebay this week.

with an amp that cleans up decent i can get all the tones i really want with 2 pickups and just a single channel

but that doesn't account for all the tones others would want :D

having a humbucking bridge and mini hummer neck in my gutierrez is gonna have some interesting possibilities

Back