White hardware.

Jordon

So, in my Schecter 006 elite, I have 2 white pickups, and I think it would look badass with white speed knobs, tuners, pickups surrounds, an TOM stoptail. I can find the surrounds...but what about the rest? Pipe dream?

Shit, that's true. I don't know why I didn't think of powder coating. I also realized, if properly disassembled and taped off, I could probably use white brake caliper paint. That shit's resilient as hell.

I just found a picture of a custom Ibanez SZ that Dominic Cifferelli from Pulse Ultra has. Has the basic effect i'm going for. Even down to the white single coil/humbucker combo. I've found everything I need. I'm gonna pick up some Sperzels and have the tuning keys, stop tail, bridge and jackplate (along with nuts and washers) either powder coated, or, if I cannot find someone to powder coat them, painted with white brake caliper paint or engine enamel..whichever is more durable. Probably have them satin clear coated as well.

Notice the white MM bridge and white Sperzels...pure sex.

Attachments

• 732702280_l.jpg
    732702280_l.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 683
:|::QBB:
J*Dizzle":c9975 said:
lolz seriously keep me updated i wanna do something similar

I'll have most of it done by next week, except for the tuners. I'm gonna go with the brake caliper paint. I think as long as I do it properly, it should be fine. My brakes are still bright blue after 4 years, so i know that shit's resilient.

the have "ivory" on the website, but their little builder thing is down. I'm gonna call em. If i cant get the, then i'll get them painted powder coated myself.

i've had ivory. it looks like... ivory. creamy yellowish.
and thats JUST the button, not the whole assy. the housing will either be chrome or nickel.
2500c-12Lg.jpg

If you find a website that has white tuners, or any other coloured, tuners post it. I might wanna change some of the hardware on my guitar too :D

Will do. That's bogus though about not offering white. Dominic and Buckethead are the only 2 I've seen with white sperzels...damn them!

well, i went to the hardware store, and bought some enamel made for appliances. Like the white finish you'd find on a washer and dryer. I sanded the parts down, roughed them up a tad bit, and sprayed them. Stuff is an epoxy enamel, and takes about 24 hours to dry. It's been 12 so far, and things look GREAT. I had some Planet Waves Locking tuners and was able to take them apart, and tape off the parts that shouldn't be sprayed. Things seem to be working really well. I went with the epoxy enamel for durability, and shot a thin coat. Things seem to be holding up really well. I'll get pics as soon as it's done.

K here are the pics. Just missing the white speed knobs, should be in soon though. If I ever do this again, I might powder coat the parts to compare the durability, but I think this will last a while. I love the look overall.

DSCN0319.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

DSCN0316.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg

DSCN0313.jpg

Back