anybody tried those Dunlop Zakk Wylde Strings?

Subclavian

I've always been a big GHS Boomer guy, but my local store is running a sale on them through next week. I was wondering if anybody has tried them or not and if they like them.

sub

Tried 'em and hated them! :thumbsdown:
The bottom string was way too big for the nut, which I had to adjust to compensate, I'm normaly a 9 or 10 guy. When I got them on I had to re-adjust the string height etc as the extra pull on the neck was way too much, and after all that they just felt fucking awfull! :aww: kinda like playing a bass! The harmonics are so much harder (nearly bloody impossible) to get out of the bottom string and it just felt so tight, even when tuned way down.
Do yourself a favour and go for some ernie ball hybrids or similar if your after a chunkier low end. I dont know how even Zakk could play these things comfortably let alone anyone else........oh, but its got his name on so it must be good.......bollocks!!! :doh:

:|::QBB:
bleedblack":385fb said:
The bottom string was way too big for the nut, which I had to adjust to compensate, I'm normaly a 9 or 10 guy. When I got them on I had to re-adjust the string height etc as the extra pull on the neck was way too much, and after all that they just felt fucking awfull! :aww: kinda like playing a bass! The harmonics are so much harder (nearly bloody impossible) to get out of the bottom string and it just felt so tight, even when tuned way down.
Do yourself a favour and go for some ernie ball hybrids or similar if your after a chunkier low end. I dont know how even Zakk could play these things comfortably let alone anyone else........oh, but its got his name on so it must be good.......bollocks!!! :doh:
Where you tuned down?

:|::QBB:
bleedblack":8d040 said:

they make a regular 10-42 set in addition to the 10-60. are you sure you didn't buy the bigger set?

I did try his GHS signatures, but I didn't like them for the same reason. I've just never tried Dunlop strings before and was wondering if anybody had tried them.

sub

Back