Played a MM Silhouette through a Mesa Express 1x12 combo

The Big Snit

Wowy wow wow!

Nice axe, plays great and the pickups are really sweet sounding, and the little Mesa Express 1x12 combo is the best sounding combo I've played from Mesa so far...really nice fat voicing!
I also tried the 1x10 Mesa Express combo, but as I cranked it up it didn't sound full enough to me....too mid sounding to me.

gas pains.

Ah...your quiet now. :D

<crickets>

Honestly...I shouldn't have tried it, I'm always looking for a small rig that sounds great, I'm a combo guy....now I have gas. :(

The Express is 6L6s right??

I tried to hear them at NAMM but it was impossible and I dont think they had an iso booth....just an office type thingie.

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":b9461 said:
The Express is 6L6s right??

I tried to hear them at NAMM but it was impossible and I dont think they had an iso booth....just an office type thingie.
Yup...really nice voicing and full sounding for a little combo...can coax those Timmons tones out of it and the clean channel was really nice too. It's not a high gainer on it's own, more of a sweet bluesy type tone.

I dunno how the Mesa is, but I'm sure the Sil kicked all kinds of ass... Was it the SS or the regular version?

Vrad":05817 said:
I dunno how the Mesa is, but I'm sure the Sil kicked all kinds of ass... Was it the SS or the regular version?
It was solid state...no tubes. :lol:

Not sure what SS means but it had a bar if that's what you mean.
That Mesa combo sounds great...liked it better than the Lonestar and F series combos I've tried.

I kinda liked the Lonestar that I had, but the Budda Superdrive 18 or 30 is just a more toneful amp. I'd recommend checking out a 1x12 combo of either if you want a nice light combo with a fat tone.

I love the older Silos - not too keen on the newer 20th edition ones - at least none of the ones I've picked up to try out have really done much for me. The regular Silos and Silo specials are great guitars - with great necks.

ratter":4970b said:
I kinda liked the Lonestar that I had, but the Budda Superdrive 18 or 30 is just a more toneful amp. I'd recommend checking out a 1x12 combo of either if you want a nice light combo with a fat tone.
I like a looser amp feel, but I found the Lonestar a little too flubby.
I've looked into Budda's before...do they have a channel switching 30 watt (EL84) combo? They all seem to be single channel combos that I've seen.

The Big Snit":08550 said:
:|::QBB:I like a looser amp feel, but I found the Lonestar a little too flubby.
I've looked into Budda's before...do they have a channel switching 30 watt (EL84) combo? They all seem to be single channel combos that I've seen.

Budda has made some non-channel-switchers - Twinmaster, Verbmaster, etc. But all the Superdrives are two-channel, shared eq, bright switch on the clean/rhythm chan. They're still loose in the sense that they're not engl/uber/metal tight. They have more of a vintage looseness, but in a vox/marshall kind of way. Whereas the Lonestar to me was loose in a cranked fender kind of way. So yeah, the Superdrive 30 would be the channel-switching 30w, 4xel84. Head, 1x12, or 2x12 combo. If you hunt long enough, you can find them right around a grand.

ratter":0e4b1 said:

Budda has made some non-channel-switchers - Twinmaster, Verbmaster, etc. But all the Superdrives are two-channel, shared eq, bright switch on the clean/rhythm chan. They're still loose in the sense that they're not engl/uber/metal tight. They have more of a vintage looseness, but in a vox/marshall kind of way. Whereas the Lonestar to me was loose in a cranked fender kind of way. So yeah, the Superdrive 30 would be the channel-switching 30w, 4xel84. Head, 1x12, or 2x12 combo. If you hunt long enough, you can find them right around a grand.
Thanks...I know what you're talking about, I think we have the same tastes in tone....I'll check into them.

The Big Snit":80cc4 said:
:|::QBB:It was solid state...no tubes. :lol:

Not sure what SS means but it had a bar if that's what you mean.
That Mesa combo sounds great...liked it better than the Lonestar and F series combos I've tried.

22 frets or 24? H-S-H or S-S-S/H-S-S?

Back