Played a MM Silhouette through a Mesa Express 1x12 combo

:|::QBB:
The Big Snit":095fd said:
:|::QBB:I wouldn't change a thing about that guitar....it probably is the reason I liked the Mesa combo so much...but a bit of both maybe.

That's how I feel about the Axis SS I have. The neck, pickups, shape, weight.. it's all perfect.

I swapped the pickups on my Sil and now I'm thinking of swapping them again...lol. I went from stock to Dimarzio Virtual Vintage, and I'm thinking of trying 'real' singles again...Suhr, probably. Since I can't afford an actual Suhr guitar, and might be kidding myself thinking it would sound any better than the Sil does anyway.

The Big Snit":602ca said:
:|::QBB:I wanted to just put the amp and the guitar on credit right there, it was that good...but I walked out.

I believe you... :D
I played grooveHT's Axis... now it's mine.. :D

ratter":e92ab said:
I swapped the pickups on my Sil and now I'm thinking of swapping them again...lol. I went from stock to Dimarzio Virtual Vintage, and I'm thinking of trying 'real' singles again...Suhr, probably. Since I can't afford an actual Suhr guitar, and might be kidding myself thinking it would sound any better than the Sil does anyway.

Uhhmmm... there are going to be those that will disagree with me... I've played several Suhrs back to back with my EBMM... You're not missing anything... ;)

Vrad":c50b6 said:

Uhhmmm... there are going to be those that will disagree with me... I've played several Suhrs back to back with my EBMM... You're not missing anything... ;)

Oh, I know, I konw. But I have the itch...you know how it goes...rationality does not apply here.

hey Ratter,
You gave me the idea to swap out my bridge PU in my sil special. I traded it out for a VHot PAF, and I think it worked out for the best! Definately thicker, the output level fits in pretty well too. I just kept the stock singles...great combo.

Jeff

ratter":c9f22 said:

Oh, I know, I konw. But I have the itch...you know how it goes...rationality does not apply here.

They're nice guitars... But I can tell you that they look alot better than they sound IMO of course. Also, the necks on the one's I played were sticky. I prefer oiled maple.

grooveHT":fe7af said:

don't listen to this man, its an unhealthy addiction!

This coming from the man that owns one of every EBMM guitar out there.

As far as EBMM goes, my Axis + Sil Special with HSS and maple fretboard would round out just about any tone I'd want short of Death Metal.

Only other guitar I'd like is a great Les Paul.... But that's way too much dough... :(

Vrad":0d517 said:

They're nice guitars... But I can tell you that they look alot better than they sound IMO of course. Also, the necks on the one's I played were sticky. I prefer oiled maple.

I've played a handful. One of the best strats I've ever played was a basswood-bodied Suhr. Seafoom green with matching headstock. :barf:

grooveHT":5b0d2 said:
hey Ratter,
You gave me the idea to swap out my bridge PU in my sil special. I traded it out for a VHot PAF, and I think it worked out for the best! Definately thicker, the output level fits in pretty well too. I just kept the stock singles...great combo.

Jeff

I still have the V-PAF in the bridge and two V-54's for singles. I think they were all an improvement, not a night-day difference, but an improvement....I'd like to try the hot v-paf too....

The Big Snit":dd104 said:
:|::QBB:Rosewood...oh they make a maple. :thumbsup:

Yup, they make maple and drumland city has three on sale :)

2604.jpg

Yeah, that's my first wife. Probably has more of my DNA in/on it than either of my kids...lol...

Back