Holy crap does Fender suck!!!! $11,000 for this POS?!?!?!?

Digital Jams

fen06masterbuilt-beck-esq.jpg

Official TGP POS relic'd JB Tele that sold for $11,000?!?!?!?!?!?

LMAO!!!!!!!

Fender sucks :doh:

Very limited edition with just 150 pieces worldwide, each one built to exact detail by one of Fender's Master Builders - but if you're going to own one of these, why not get one from the top guy, Senior Builder John English. I don't know if they're all this nice but John built a masterpiece here. Built to exacting specifications to recreate the unique white lacquer finish '54 Esquire as played by Jeff Beck in the Yardbirds. Unique details are all there including the body contours, wear marks on the neck and body, chipped pickguard, control wiring and brass saddles. An extremely light two-piece offset ash body with a 21 fret maple neck similar to a 10/56 shape with nicely rolled edges, 7.25" neck radius. The '51 NoCaster pickup was faithfully recreated by Ms. Abigail Ybarra, who has been winding pickups for Fender since the 50's and she's a legend in her own right. Other features include "worn" black pickguard, original 1056 serial number and authentically aged hardware. While specs call for light weight, this one is insanely light, tipping my scales fluttering between 5.8 and 6.0 lbs., which makes it a hair under 6. Not surprisingly, this guitar is extremely resonant and has excellent acoustic tone. Includes two cases - replica flight case with stenciled white paint as well as vintage brown vinyl gigbag plus COA, strap, cable, ash tray, etc (picture). List price on these is $15K, street priced at $11K, although I did see one at $10,500 without the fight case. This one was collector owned and virtually unplayed, coming from a collector with 25+ pieces and less time than I have to play them. Offered in dead "mint" condition and is likely a solid investment piece down the road, especially as a John English model. Not cheap but at $8999, $2K cheaper than new and you're guaranteed to get a fair price on your trades (non-boutique preferred). I kind of glossed over this aspect but...this is perhaps the nicest playing Tele/Esquire I've ever picked up, including a bunch of genuine 50's

Im not particularly shocked at that price to be honest... i expected it to be even higher considering its a Fender. All that cash for THAT?!?

LOL anyone who pays that money for a guitar like that must be braindead.

I'll drag my strat behind my car on the way home from work today. I will leave it out in the rain and piss on it and sell it for only $1,500. What a deal. Don't blame them they are the smart ones.

:|::QBB:
bill":d1a12 said:
I'll drag my strat behind my car on the way home from work today. I will leave it out in the rain and piss on it and sell it for only $1,500. What a deal. Don't blame them they are the smart ones.

get jose feliciano to shart under the pickguard and i'll give you $1650.

Done deal. I just bought my son a new highway one wine red strat for college graduation for $750. He did real good double major good grades just got his first real job making more than me. Little bastard!!!!!!!!!!

Master builder my ass, there were 150 of them made. How the hell did this master builder build 150 guitars so fast??

My ass :doh:

FENDER IS RUINING JACKSON AND CHARVEL!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Maybe I'll buy a $500 Strat, spill some beer on it, throw it around my driveway and let my little dog shit on it. I bet i could get $3000 on TGP for it.

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":dd447 said:
Master builder my ass, there were 150 of them made. How the hell did this master builder build 150 guitars so fast??

My ass :doh:

FENDER IS RUINING JACKSON AND CHARVEL!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Masterbater is more like it. :lol: Fender can suck my big fat toe.

I tried a bunch of Strats in GC the other......They ALL sucked. All their builders must be smoking some good hash at the Fender factory to explain the crap quality.

Now where's Carl to defend Fender?

Back