Holy crap does Fender suck!!!! $11,000 for this POS?!?!?!?

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":5f19e said:
So where is the group that certs these "master builders" anyways :confused:

:D

I will keep my RVS relic'd 565 :cool:

So now you're actually questioning Fenders master builders? Now Ive heard it all... :lol:

You think that's a rip? What about the Frankenstein.

Saying that, Gibson can bend over for all I care. I played one of their high-end SG's recently and almost slit my fucking fingers up on their fretwork :lol:

A mate of mine actually owns a Fender custom-shop relic guitar and it sounds and plays gorgeous. I don't care if you guys say "I'd rather buy a guitar myself and relic it myself" it just wouldn't turn out the same. They use different finishes (Nitrocellulose anyone?). Not to mention it certainnly wouldn't play the same.

I have another mate (yeah unbelieveable) that owns a custom shop un-relic'd Fender Strat that plays awsome. Admitadly I'd be bias on that because he stuck 6100 frets on it :D

So Gibson? Les Paul Standard £1400?
Fender American Standard Strat £600?

I know where my money is going...

Chud":b4510 said:
You think that's a rip? What about the Frankenstein.

A mate of mine actually owns a Fender custom-shop relic guitar and it sounds and plays gorgeous. I don't care if you guys say "I'd rather buy a guitar myself and relic it myself" it just wouldn't turn out the same. They use different finishes (Nitrocellulose anyone?). Not to mention it certainnly wouldn't play the same.

One problem.

What if they did not wear the neck edges the way you would have? Of course you wearing down a guitar is not going to be the same.

Digital Jams":7f43c said:

After hearing the ass tones coming from their demos in the fender booth at NAMM yes I am :o

Pffff you guys thought the Marshall demo was some kind of second comming. Like I can trust your ears. :scared: :lol:

I have some older guitars that are beat a little. Difference between them and one of these is that the wear was from actually being gigged and played. My Brad Gillis strat has a cracked pickguard - Brad was playing it and smacked the bar into the pickguard according to his tech (the guy I bought the guitar from). I'm leaving it alone, it gives it character and was from being played. I have an Ibanez 560 with tons of wear on the back of the neck and body - I may not be able to remember where each happened, but it was from being gigged and was honest wear.

Spraying compressed air upside down on a nitro finish to force crack it and artificially aging a guitar is bullshit.

A 'relic master built guitar' compared to a real vintge guitar with actual play generated wear is like a transvestite compared to a real woman.

Pete

I've owned a couple Fender Custom Shop guitars, a closet classic lightly reliced Strat and a pro classic Tele.

The strat was reliced such that the finish was checked and the neck was smoothed out. Almost just a perfect player. Really a great playing and sounding guitar.

The tele is a completely different animal, it's practically perfect in condition, is also a great player and has that tele tone in it.

Both great guitars, worth the $1500 or so they cost used? To the right person, for sure.

Digital Jams":1ec51 said:

Oh yeah that recording amp was a master built tone machine :lol: :P

I cant even front, that amp sucked a fatty. :lol:

but of course you changed over to amps because you know the master guitar builders at Fender have skill but you just hate admitting dont you?!? :D

Telephant":0b0fd said:

I cant even front, that amp sucked a fatty. :lol:

but of course you changed over to amps because you know the master guitar builders at Fender have skill but you just hate admitting dont you?!? :D

$1500-2000 I have no problem with these so called "master builders" :lol:

$11,000???? I better be getting some action from master bj givers as well :lol:

Digital Jams":34692 said:

$1500-2000 I have no problem with these so called "master builders" :lol:

$11,000???? I better be getting some action from master bj givers as well :lol:
If the guitar keeps going up in value, that's another thing though.

Who would've known that the '71 Les Paul gold top I had when I was 16 would be worth something today....I sold it for around $600 :doh:

I like it. Fenders are the sexiest, best feeling and sounding guitars for me by far....and Nothing looks better to me than a beat up tele. Now having said that, I'd never pay that much. There's obviously a market for them, though.

Back