do pros flub notes?

You also have to cinsider what a person does on stage in the course of performing. If you are going fuckin' nuts and it's 110 degrees on stage, you are going to flub. But I would rather rage and flub than stand there like a dork and try to play perfectly. That's not what people come to an Exodus show for at least!

:|::QBB:
gary666":6d3f2 said:
But I would rather rage and flub than stand there like a dork and try to play perfectly.

Words I try to live by... At least it helps me get over the ham-sammiches I throw out there!

I've never seen a player that doesn't flub something...

Steve

Yeah, the pros flub....sometimes horribly. The difference, though, is that they can chuckle about it, recover, and move on. They don't blame their gear and then sell it on a forum. :lol:

gary666":8cf32 said:
You also have to cinsider what a person does on stage in the course of performing. If you are going fuckin' nuts and it's 110 degrees on stage, you are going to flub. But I would rather rage and flub than stand there like a dork and try to play perfectly. That's not what people come to an Exodus show for at least!

Yeah, when I saw you in concert I noticed that some of your insane whammy bar acrobatics were a few cents flat in a couple songs. You ruined the concert for me :cry:

;) ;) ;)

gary666":b379f said:

Words of wisdom ohh and you did flatten my head last time I saw you.

I think the interesting question is "how many professional guitarist allow flubs in their studio recorded music?".

As I mentioned in a post a few pages back, the VH1 album has several flubs and I think it provides great insight into the feel and atmosphere of the moment. Eddie has admitted to several mistakes in the recording and I've found a few.

The only other example I can think of is Jake E Lee, who sometimes begins his solos on sour notes (especially the first badlands album). He did this on purpose, and he said he really had to fight to keep them in. But, in this case, they weren't really flubs, just note choices out of the ordinary or expected.

Does anybody know of other studio recordings with real honest mistakes?

Back