New (old) Marshall in the house. '78 JMP 100 Super Lead.

:|::QBB:
The Big Snit":cabd5 said:
He's being finicky today.

LOL. Now the BB Preamp may well be something I would LOVE to try with this thing. That or an OCD! Maybe one of those would kick my Maxon's BIG ROUND LUSCIOUS BUTT!

Back to playing while the family is still out and comes home saying"DAD
PLEASE CAN YOU TURN THAT THING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

riffy":8b5c6 said:

LOL. Now the BB Preamp may well be something I would LOVE to try with this thing. That or an OCD! Maybe one of those would kick my Maxon's BIG ROUND LUSCIOUS BUTT!

Back to playing while the family is still out and comes home saying"DAD
PLEASE CAN YOU TURN THAT THING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The BB is excellent with an older Marshall voicing...it's quite thick though...you may like the extra cut you get from the Tube Screamer type pedals...you should try one though.

It sounds great! I almost made a mistake and sold my Superbass this week(I am going to install a PPMIV, so that I can also use at home).

pan":d39ec said:
It sounds great! I almost made a mistake and sold my Superbass this week(I am going to install a PPMIV, so that I can also use at home).

Thanks much Pan. Do NOT let the Superbass go!!!!!!! Those things sound freakin' great! The PPMIV will make that great for home use with the addition of a Hot Plate or something similar!

generalgrievous":eda13 said:
That sounds excellent! Huge and throaty, just like and old Marshall should be. BUY IT NOW.

Thanks General! I really like older Marshalls. They just have something
that the newer ones can't touch. They are big and fat sounding.

Vrad":3dd3a said:
That sounds great Gary! I'd pick it up... :D

Hey broski! After playing it most of the day, I am really leaning towards grabbing this one. It really is huge and fat sounding.

riffy":bb0a9 said:

Hey broski! After playing it most of the day, I am really leaning towards grabbing this one. It really is huge and fat sounding.

Aren't those freaking amps great? So that's just the Rich Mod? No hotplate? Must have been kinda loud.

Vrad":12045 said:

Aren't those freaking amps great? So that's just the Rich Mod? No hotplate? Must have been kinda loud.

That is just the master volume at work. And yes, it was LOUD...lol
I didn't plate it down although in the future I am quite sure I will :D
I did hit it with a bit of the Maxon as a boost though. It ain't got quite
that much gain on it's own.

First JMP I have EVER owned! Glad it is a freakin' 100 too! I like the 50's
but they just don't have quite the same tone to my ears. Course with me,
it don't matter...lol. I make 'em all sound like teh poo!

I am just really diggin' the HUGE sound it has. It is a hard sound to describe. There aren't many amps that sound quite as huge as an older
Marshall. Just not many at all, unless it is another old Marshall... :gethim:

riffy":c1078 said:

That is just the master volume at work. And yes, it was LOUD...lol
I didn't plate it down although in the future I am quite sure I will :D
I did hit it with a bit of the Maxon as a boost though. It ain't got quite
that much gain on it's own.

First JMP I have EVER owned! Glad it is a freakin' 100 too! I like the 50's
but they just don't have quite the same tone to my ears. Course with me,
it don't matter...lol. I make 'em all sound like teh poo!

I am just really diggin' the HUGE sound it has. It is a hard sound to describe. There aren't many amps that sound quite as huge as an older
Marshall. Just not many at all, unless it is another old Marshall... :gethim:

Yup... I can't get by with just the Rich Mod. I need the Hotplate... :D But hey. I can't complain. I have a NMV Super Lead sounding good at mousefart volumes. Keeps everyone kinda happy... LOL! :D

If you're used to 50 watters, the 100 watters will sound bigger and tighter. The 50 watters have always sounded a bit squishier and browner to me. Not better or worse, just a bit different. I prefer the 100 watters because they sound so damn big. Yeah it doesn't quite have all that much gain on it's own. Funny thing is, if you crank it to 10, you MAY not need a boost... or a very minimal amount of boost.

crwnedblasphemy":c89eb said:
You already have the Rich mod installed so that is cool. I think $800 for it is a great price. Get all over that riffy.

Yep, the Rich mod is in it and that is a + in it's favor! I am really diggin' the sound and I think $800 is an extremely fair price for the amp. I am just diggin' the "biggness" of the sound!

Back