Whats Doug got in his rack?

bleedblack

Just looked at some pics of Doud Aldrich's rig. I didn't recognise anything in his rack, and wondered if anyone knows what he's got in there? What's he usin' for effects etc....

Heres the pic.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 953
From top to bottom:

Furman power unit
CAE rack interface
Rack Crybaby
Roland delay unit
CAE 4x4 looper
Furman PQ-3 equalizer
CAE Mini-mix
Boss SE-50/70
CAE interface
Mosvalve power amp

:|::QBB:
lordriffenstein":32e2e said:
From top to bottom:

Furman power unit
CAE rack interface
Rack Crybaby
Roland delay unit
CAE 4x4 looper
Furman PQ-3 equalizer
CAE Mini-mix
Boss SE-50/70
CAE interface
Mosvalve power amp
Looks like a Roland SDD 3000.

Thanks for the reply's everyone. Yea, I think the pics are quite old. His site dont seem to have been updated for a while. Does anyone know if he runs straight into the heads or does he hit the front end with any overdrive pedals etc? His sound is very saturated and tight, reminds me a bit of Sykes.

......infact, does anyone recon you could get that kind of tone out of the new JVM? I'm in the u.k., and there's no way I could get my hands on a modded marshall :no:

degenaro":1b00f said:
Looks like a Roland SDD 3000.

Hey Ed, that is an SDE 3000 in that pic.. just like what EVH used. not the SDD

I wondered if it was a typo.. i didnt know they made an SDD-3000 until recently when i found out that is what the Edge from U2 used?

bleedblack":3565c said:
Thanks for the reply's everyone. Yea, I think the pics are quite old. His site dont seem to have been updated for a while. Does anyone know if he runs straight into the heads or does he hit the front end with any overdrive pedals etc? His sound is very saturated and tight, reminds me a bit of Sykes.

Doug filled me in on this info a while back, when i asked him this same Question. He hits the front end of the marshalls with a furman PQ-3 or Boss DS-1 or both combined. He runs Wet/Dry/Wet. Amp head plugged into a dry cab, then the line out from that head feeds his FX which go to his poweramp and into left and right Wet 4x12s.

He absolutely nails that Sykes neck pickup tone on the Whitesnake songs!

Dougs been using that Furman PQ-3 for 20+ years with his Marshalls. It's amazing what one of those run in front of a stock Marshall or Boogie will do to the gain. If you run into the low input and raise the input level that thing is probably the best "OD pedal" or "boost" ever!

SgtThump":7099f said:

Don't know. Doug has used Marshalls modified by John Suhr (actually that Martin dude, but close enough), Mark Cameron, Doug Roccaforte, etc...

I'm a little unsure exactly which amp Doug uses the most live.

When I picked up my head from him.
Mark said Doug was using Johns for Rythm and Marks for lead.
I think Doug also got the Standel for cleans from Mark because I think Mark worked for them.

Recently on Doug's site he mentioned that he switches heads depending on the venue for best sound.

evhfan":35a1a said:
those pics are from many years ago...it may have changed

I think alot of that rig other than different Marshall heads is still alot of from back in the Lion days. Doug doesn't change gear that often I believe.

Chubtone":8dd01 said:
Dougs been using that Furman PQ-3 for 20+ years with his Marshalls. It's amazing what one of those run in front of a stock Marshall or Boogie will do to the gain. If you run into the low input and raise the input level that thing is probably the best "OD pedal" or "boost" ever!

Absolutely!!!! I have been doing that into the front end of my Cameron ever since i have owned it and it sounds insane!

Back