Tesla - Mechanical Resonance

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

If there was ever a perfect hard rock debut album...this it it

played this today for the first time in years and it sounded just as good today as when I bought it in highschool..excelllent rock guitar work and great tunes...

with such an awesome debut , Tesla never really topped it...they had some choice nuggets along the way but this was as good as it got...

A+

I heard their demo a few months before that album was released, and knew they would do well. I too agree that Mechanical Resonance was their best offering, although there are a few really good songs on The Great Radio Controversy. Personally, I could do without the unplugged album. Thats when they started to lose their edge, and it started a landslide of unplugged efforts by alot of other bands. There was a trend I could've lived without. :D

I haven't listened them in awhile. I now have Moderrn Day Cowboy playing on iTumes right now. Great song. I love the intro.

Their only good album though IMO. It does rock....My favorite song is Changes and Modern Day Cowboy.

But your first quote, I would argue GNR's debut as probably the best Hard Rock Debut.

:|::QBB:
mhenson42":cc301 said:
I haven't listened them in awhile. I now have Moderrn Day Cowboy playing on iTumes right now. Great song. I love the intro.
The intro riff was played on the 12 string neck of a dounle neck Gibson SG when I saw them live years ago. :eek:

The only Tesla disk I have is "Bust a nut," picked it up from a bargain bin a while back. For some reason I just cant get into it, every other Tesla track i have listened to ive have dug....

Maybe i just need to give it more time? Or is it a bit of a runt disc?

Scott Ians Beard":670b1 said:
The only Tesla disk I have is "Bust a nut," picked it up from a bargain bin a while back. For some reason I just cant get into it, every other Tesla track i have listened to ive have dug....

Maybe i just need to give it more time? Or is it a bit of a runt disc?
Nut is not nearly as good as the first 2 discs IMHO. I prefer MR, but the GRC is pretty good too. The 5MAJ does nothing for me, and Psychotic Supper is alright on certain days. LOL

I need to go pick that disc up. Had the cassette a looooong time ago and always enjoyed those guys' music.

Damn! I forgot about Tesla.
My first bar band in the late 80's used to cover Modern Day Cowboy...we did another one from that album and I can't remember the name of it...was fun to play. I gotta find that CD. ;)

mechanical resonance is an album that you put on and listen to all the way through...not one bad song on there...

still remember the day i bought it...saw them live a few months later opening for def leppard on the hysteria tour...they were amazing live

evhfan":b896d said:
mechanical resonance is an album that you put on and listen to all the way through...not one bad song on there...

still remember the day i bought it...saw them live a few months later opening for def leppard on the hysteria tour...they were amazing live

I saw them open for Poison back in 89 I think ..
First off I didn't understand how they were " opening " but whatever .
I felt very bad for Poison ... Tesla absolutely hands friggin down blew their friggin doors off . I don't know how they followed them night after night .

I just admitted to seeing Poison didn't I ??? :doh:

there goes any rep I had :D

griff10672":4d871 said:

I saw them open for Poison back in 89 I think ..
First off I didn't understand how they were " opening " but whatever .
I felt very bad for Poison ... Tesla absolutely hands friggin down blew their friggin doors off . I don't know how they followed them night after night .

I just admitted to seeing Poison didn't I ??? :doh:

there goes any rep I had :D
<looses 10% respect for you>

The Big Snit":d8359 said:
<looses 10% respect for you>

I don't know how old you are but ...

back then if you were a long hair ( Dave Mustaine look alike ) ... you got laid at those shows ... Leather Jacket ... tight ass Levis .. hair down to your waist ... you might as well been in a womens prison :D

I agree with the posters that Tesla's other discs werent very good... once they put out that tune Edison's Medicine I gave up....and remember the radio hammering Love Song?...uggh..I bought the second disc and there were a handful of good tunes on it ...

That first disc rocks though!

I saw them open for DLR when there debut must have been about a week old...

evhfan":f6ae0 said:

They blew the Leps off the stage on several dates on the UK leg of that tour...and that was the Leps at the height of their Hysteria powers too.

Love Tesla...not really a bad disc until Bust A Nut...and I can live without the acoustical jam stuff.

Mechanical Resonance, The Great Radio Controversy, Psychotic Supper...all greats

I think that their first 2 discs kill, IMO The Great Radio Controversey is every bit as good as the first..

Psychotic supper was great but not as good as the first 2 and Bust a nut had some great moments( I love The Solution) but it didnt suck..

Im not a fan of Unplugged so I didnt bother with it..

the last one isnt bad but not what Id hoped it would be...

However , I dont understand how someone can liek the first album but not the second but to each their own...

Tesla is an amazing band...

Back