New (old) Marshall in the house. '78 JMP 100 Super Lead.

:|::QBB:
strungup":ef862 said:

I thought the clip sounded great with the 808 myself. I love the BB preamp but like ratter said its polite. Depends what your looking for that could be good or bad. The AC booster is less polite and sounds good, but I would pick the BB preamp over the AC booster if I could have just one. I think Vlad did a comparison clip of the the BB and the Maxon808 when he first got the BB preamp. I think I remember that. I would check those out because they were through his super lead.

Thanks so much man! I really need to try some more pedals with this amp for sure... I can say it responds much more like a Plexi to pedals than the 800 does. It tends to keep it's much rounder voice. The 800s,
which I am supremely used to playing through, get much more aggressive than this one does. Maybe an eq in the loop will make it more aggressive when I want it to be.

I do like the Maxon a ton though. It was great with my Recto and is just as good with this Marshall. I really do wanna try the BB and the OCD though, just for comparison if nothing else. Maybe a Keeley Seeing Eye modded SD-1 would be a good companion too though! So many pedals, so much hype...lol

strungup":316d1 said:

I thought the clip sounded great with the 808 myself. I love the BB preamp but like ratter said its polite. Depends what your looking for that could be good or bad. The AC booster is less polite and sounds good, but I would pick the BB preamp over the AC booster if I could have just one. I think Vlad did a comparison clip of the the BB and the Maxon808 when he first got the BB preamp. I think I remember that. I would check those out because they were through his super lead.

Unfortunately, I don't have those clips posted anymore... :(

I got same amp. Fat tone indeed. More low end then the 800. Can't figure out though (problem in general) I want an FX loop but it seems with one I have tried added on older Marshalls that they dull the tone a bit. Kills brightness. Any ideas or something. New amps cool you got a FX loop switch that takes it directly out of circuit.

That is one of the best clips I've heard posted in a while! The amp sounds great. I love clips like this!

Keep up the posting, Gary!

Guys,
Everyone of you, I really appreciate the kind comments so much. I really thought the playing
was crap, but I dug the fat tone so much, I had to
post it to see if my ears were deceiving me...

Thanks to all again!!!!!!!! Y'all rock!!!!!!

Telephant":a6959 said:
Awesome sounding clip. JMP's rule the world. :cool:

First JMP I have ever owned in my life. I never really knew they were so freakin' FAT sounding. They have more low end than a Plexi and more than the 800 too. I don't know what is going on but I am diggin' it!

Congrats!!! Clay Finley has my Superbass again and Ive been using his '70 Superlead and it s a good one too. The Rich Mod PPMVon his sounds awesome.

You can get some very cool bedroom tones too, especially if you boost it.

Telephant":98b5e said:
Congrats!!! Clay Finley has my Superbass again and Ive been using his '70 Superlead and it s a good one too. The Rich Mod PPMVon his sounds awesome.

You can get some very cool bedroom tones too, especially if you boost it.

Yeppers!
Gotta boost it to get the gain level I want out of the amp without a doubt.
I gotta gig Wed. night, it is going for sure! I love crankin' Marshalls at gigs!

I LOVE plexi era Super Leads too!!!!!!!!! Killer amps!

The Big Snit":0e1a6 said:
:|::QBB:Don't you have this stuff saved on your computer?

I have a folder that's named "all of my shitty ass clips and jams and other stuff"

LOL! I overwrite my clips all the time... why? Because I'm a douche!

Back