Anyone tried out the JSX Mini Colossal?

mrp5150

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-JSX-Mini-Colossal-Guitar-Amp?sku=480777

I just noticed that in the new MF Catalog. Seems pretty cool. Wonder how heavy it would sound with a boost?

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":baf16 said:
For someone that likes that crushing stuff I think you are looking at the wrong amp.

Don't you have a 5150 :confused:

I'm not gonna buy one, I just thought it looked cool and wondered what it sounds like. If it could sound similar to the JSX with or without a boost, it would be a sweet practice amp.

SgtThump":8bc41 said:

That's very little amp for that kind of dough. I dunno...

for 100, you pick up an epi valve jr, then spend another 100 for the mods and you have the same amp in a head, and you can put it thru just about any cab you want.

Bantam Menace":05989 said:

Indeed it does...nothing 'colossal' about this amp.

That's weak. I was kinda hoping for some sizzling tube goodness in a smaller, quieter bedroom sized package. Guess I will have to continue using the 5150 for a practice amp. :lol:

again with this":7cd6a said:

That's weak. I was kinda hoping for some sizzling tube goodness in a smaller, quieter bedroom sized package. Guess I will have to continue using the 5150 for a practice amp. :lol:

Yeah, I can't stand how shitty little practice amps sound, so I don't even take an amp down to school with me. I was hoping this Mini JSX would sound something like the real JSX. :(

les purrrr....les meowww...
cat-lemur.jpg

Wow that is a lot of dough for a small little amp. The Fender Champion 600 is going for $200. I do like that peavey made it so it would run on 4, 8, and 16ohm loads as well as put an attenuator in there. Those are things the fender Champion 600 don't have....

Anyone notice on one of the pictures that the speaker has WEBER stamped on it. Its rare to see a stock weber speaker in an amp.....

Megadeth7684":4e542 said:

Yeah, I can't stand how shitty little practice amps sound, so I don't even take an amp down to school with me. I was hoping this Mini JSX would sound something like the real JSX. :(

Thread hijack: Have you ever tried a Tech 21 Trademark 10 (or TradeMark 30)? There's tons of nice warm sounding gain in a little package for very little money if you buy it used. It's a little dark sounding but I'm very happy with mine as a practice amp. To give you a point of reference, my gigging amp is a Cameron modded Marshall.

Back