Going to New York City next Weekend!

philb

Yup, I'm taking my wife to NY to celebrate her 40th birthday.
We're both New York City virgins :eek:

That ought to be interesting :D

Bro!!!!!

I am going away with the wife that weekend, wish I could have met ya for a drink or 10!

NYC is freaking fun, enjoy yourself :)

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":51f4c said:
Bro!!!!!

I am going away with the wife that weekend, wish I could have met ya for a drink or 10!

NYC is freaking fun, enjoy yourself :)

That's cool Scott. I will enjoy myself, check out the museums and go see a Broadway play, ya know, the typical things.

Phil,

Don't forget to go to W 48th St. right off 7th Ave in Times Square and visit Manny's, Sam Ash, We Buy Guitars, etc. on music row. A visit to Manhattan is not complete without stopping there for a minute or two, to pay homage to where Hendrix used to buy his Strats..I'm sure the wife will understand.
When I lived in NYC, I worked at Martin Audio in midtown (the Pro audio center of the universe) in their technical services dept. I would regularly run over to W 48th St on my lunch hour to hunt for guitars for my growing collection. Almost always saw a well know musician or two while browsing... I'll never forget standing next to the late Rory Gallagher.. both of us buying picks at Manny's and thinking...holy cow is he short! Little Irish cat about 5'5" tall.
Johnny

Attachments

• Rory.gif
    Rory.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 613
:|::QBB:
Johnny59":1b1aa said:
Phil,

Don't forget to go to W 48th St. right off 7th Ave in Times Square and visit Manny's, Sam Ash, We Buy Guitars, etc. on music row. A visit to Manhattan is not complete without stopping there for a minute or two, to pay homage to where Hendrix used to buy his Strats..I'm sure the wife will understand.
When I lived in NYC, I worked at Martin Audio in midtown (the Pro audio center of the universe) in their technical services dept. I would regularly run over to W 48th St on my lunch hour to hunt for guitars for my growing collection. Almost always saw a well know musician or two while browsing... I'll never forget standing next to the late Rory Gallagher.. both of us buying picks at Manny's and thinking...holy cow is he short! Little Irish cat about 5'5" tall.
Johnny

*takes notes*
Manny's is almost next to the hotel, so I'll check it out. Thanks!

I would check out 48th st. for the novelty factor, but if you want to check out a wicked cool shop, try 30th Street Guitars. Also, if you can break away for a couple of hours, book a room at Ultrasound.

Enjoy yourself, Manhattan is a great time.

Tyler

Check out BB Kings see whose playing there w42th st. and 8th av

Take in a ballgame at either Shea or Yankee Stadium

w48th and like 6th avenue is the music store area , Sam ash , Rudys is great they have alot of cool boutique shit , mannys

have fun :thumbsup:

Back