JVM owners.....What Boost pedals are you using with yours?

mctallica1

What seems to work best with the amp?

I know it doesn't need one to get over the top, but I like boost pedals with high gain amps (so sue me :lol: ).

My favorite in general is an 808, but are there any I shoul dtry out with the JVM?

:|::QBB:
donbarzini":611ff said:

I am like you, no matter how much gain the amp has, I still like to use a boost in front with little or no gain and level up. I really liked my Maxon OD-9 Pro+ in the 18v mode with the JVM. The OD-808 is great as well, probably just a bit more compressed.

Whoa that OD9 pro + is $200!

Is it really worth the big difference in price over the 808?

The JVM is very easy to play and a robo gain nut myself has not thought about boosting the JVM yet. IMO the feel is already there for what I play.

About the low volume stuff soince I know you are very into that part of an amp.....it is as good or better than my MK IV for low volumes.

I could see boosting the crunch channels for some very good hot rodded 800 type sounds though.

mctallica1":bfa41 said:

Whoa that OD9 pro + is $200!

Is it really worth the big difference in price over the 808?

I've been wondering the same thing. I kinda want to try the OD9 Pro Plus, but $200 is a lot of cash and I love my OD808.

I usa an old Tubescreamer on the crunch channel sometimes just playing around and love it for just for another marshall type sound. I have to admit the JVM is my favorite amp I have had in a while. It replaced my Quickrod, which is another amp I love but the JVM won for me.

Bump for donbarzini...more info on teh OD9 Pro + please!

I may buy one, but would like to know how much difference between it and the 808. I like the 808 a lot...like i said, it is my go to boost, but am thinking of getting a few more flavors to try out again :yes:

---------------
I've got an SD-1, Keeley SD-1, Maxon OD808 and Maxon OD-9 Pro+. The Maxon OD-9 Pro+ is by far my favorite. It leaves the original tone more in tact than any of the others. I really dig it in front of on my XTC 101b blue channel...smooooking! :D

It was worth the bucks for me. :thumbsup:

Back