Jack Bauer Signature Gibson

:|::QBB:
Megadeth7684":f57e6 said:

Haha, yeah he does. It would be interesting to hear him play, just out of curiosity.

:idea:

Exactly. See he obviously is a real gear freak, like us, and that is cool by me. But in my mind that's not enough to warrant a custom shop signature guitar. He's an actor, not a guitarist by profession and to me it just cheapens Gibson and sig guitars in general to try to cash in on the popularity of that show like this. Maybe he's a good player, I dunno. But there are LOTS of good players that don't have sig guitars, too!

Also, I don't really like the smaller 336 shape, personally. Yes 335s are kinda big but that guitar shape is a real classic IMO. I've played the 336s and they just seem weird to me. YMMV.

'63-Strat":5e0f8 said:

:idea:

Exactly. See he obviously is a real gear freak, like us, and that is cool be me. But in my mind that's not enough to warrant a custom shop signature guitar. He's an actor, not a guitarist by profession and to me it just cheapens Gibson and sig guitars in general to try to cash in on the popularity of that show like this. Maybe he's a good player, I dunno. But there are LOTS of good players that don't have sig guitars, too!

Also, I don't really like the smaller 336 shape, personally. Yes 335s are kinda big but that guitar shape is a real classic IMO. I've played the 336s and they just seem weird to me. YMMV.

C'mon, it's Jack Bauer! He always gets what he wants! :D :lol:

4-29-04_Pic2_Sutherland.jpg

---------------------

My wife is already obsessed with the show...can't wait to see her reaction when she hears about this. :no: :no: :D

Yeah, like if anyone else here was offered a custom guitar from Gibson they would refuse.

The guy may not be a great guitarist, who knows? If playing ability determined what gear you could own, a lot of us here would be playing Chinese strats through metal zone pedals plugged into a circa 70s boom box.

stratotone":892c3 said:
Yeah, like if anyone else here was offered a custom guitar from Gibson they would refuse.

The guy may not be a great guitarist, who knows? If playing ability determined what gear you could own, a lot of us here would be playing Chinese strats through metal zone pedals plugged into a circa 70s boom box.

I think it's cool that he has a signature guitar, but I'm a 24 fanboy. :D

stratotone":624b5 said:

Sure but I never said anything about him owning sweet gear, just that it seems ridiculous to have a sig model when you're not a famous/revered guitarist, no?

This will do nothing but get peoples attention directed at gibson. A good reason for a signature guitar (making them more money).

Maybe he will play this on the season finale, or even better use it to escape by shoving it through somebody's heart :lol: :lol:

For those of you that do not know at Blockbuster you can rent a video on his band, and their music, etc...

Fl00":bd9ef said:

"I LIKE TO SUCK DICKS WHEN I'M NOT TOO BUSY POSING (WHICH IS ALMOST NEVER BECAUSE I'M TOO BUSY LICKING PRICKS [PREFERRABLY WITH DICKS])"

What are you, like,....14 yrs old? Christ,.... :wtf:

redrol":50b95 said:
This will do nothing but get peoples attention directed at gibson. A good reason for a signature guitar (making them more money).
EXACTLY RIGHT. Why else do it for him or anybody else? Fellas, it's always about making more money. :thumbsup:

'63-Strat":47c49 said:

Sure but I never said anything about him owning sweet gear, just that it seems ridiculous to have a sig model when you're not a famous/revered guitarist, no?

He plays guitar, and he's famous. You kinda shot yourself out of the water there.

stratotone":d7896 said:

He plays guitar, and he's famous. You kinda shot yourself out of the water there.

No, I didn't. Being famous, and a guitarist isn't the same as being someone who's famous for their guitar playing. But whatever, you knew what I meant; you guys must all watch 24 or something :o

I've seen it like once, most TV is lame, and it wasn't an exception for me. IMO.

Back