I need software...

Bob Savage

I finally bit the bullet and have a core 2 duo system on the way, but it's coming with Vista Home Premium which doesn't have remote desktop, so I need a copy of either Vista Ultimate or Vista Business.

Anybody know where I can get a legit copy for dirt cheap?

:|::QBB:
Bob Savage":4f950 said:
I finally bit the bullet and have a core 2 duo system on the way, but it's coming with Vista Home Premium which doesn't have remote desktop, so I need a copy of either Vista Ultimate or Vista Business.

Anybody know where I can get a legit copy for dirt cheap?

The Dell Vista DVD's here at work have every version of Vista on them, so there's a chance it may be on the media you receive.

Then you can use the time stopper crack to suspend the 30 day trial indefinitely (it never counts down from 30 days) and it's fully functional :)

Vista too close to "fista" for me to use.

We had a debate in the department - I won. New systems we bought for the department have XP on them :)

I just built a core 2 duo using a e4300/2gig of ram (667) and 500gig of storage.

Installed a trial of vista ultimate and uninstalled it a few days later. Why? Well it installed all the drivers fine,
apps worked fine, hardware worked fine but...
for some reason when you click and drag to select anything the cpu spikes.

Like for instance on the desktop you click and drag to select multiple icons,
or click drag to select a few waveforms in your audio app.
When the cpu would spike I would get audio anomolies through my monitors.
I imagine this will be fixed in the future but it was to much for me to deal with for a $400 OS,

The 4300 overclocks like a madman btw, I'm running @ 3ghz without a voltage increase and it's been stable for about 3 days so far.

Heh, overclocking is awesome.

In regards to your virtual desktop issue: Why not try something like a VNC client and server?

Back