OT: Happy NGD - my Edwards arrive from Japan in 4 days!!!

jkdsteve

Yay for sexified but cheap Jap guitars:

ELP85CD.jpg

Sorry for the shitty flash shot but I arrived home too late to get any daylight on it.

Looks like it's a short neck tenon but hard to tell since it's all black coated in there :-/

Why doesn't it have a serial # ? :(

Grats man, I really want to order one of those towards the end of summer. What are your initial impressions?

If your so excited about your Edwards Guitar
which you are :thumbsup:

i think they sound better then EPIPHONE's
but i really like the Tokai guitars too :)

:|::QBB:
maiden_fan":0fff4 said:
Just ordered my 5th Edwards. They are the best Les pauls bang for buck available

I don't think so. I'd take a Burny or an Orville over an Edwards anyday of the week.

gravfed":3fd9c said:
Grats man, I really want to order one of those towards the end of summer. What are your initial impressions?

Very fucking heavy (11lbs) but in spite of that it seems to not play so loud acoustically as my Epiphone even after I upgraded the 9 set that was on there to 10s.

The fit and finish is excellent...really nice fretboard, neck didn't need any adjustment...I could maybe tweak it slightly to get a little better action but it isn't really necessary.

Binding is really nicely done and the MOP diamond and Edwards logo are sweet. Maybe the fret markers are synthetic.....they're very white for MOP. I'm going to try and get a pic in daylight today.

There's discoloration on the gold..but it is a used guitar after all..it's pre-relic'd .. LOL

I love the SH-4/SH-1n combination in this guitar...great vintagey tones.

If I were to change anything, then it might be to buy a newer version of this model...the newer ones are weight relieved I'd guess...at around 7.8/8lbs.

Thick, LP style neck....like a 'C' shape ....seems a little bigger even than my Gibson Gothic LP...

I pulled the neck pickup to see if I could check out the neck construction...but it's well painted in there, not obvious whether this is a short or long tenon guitar....eBay ad said short so I'll believe it. You can see the 'cap though....looks to be 1/2" at it's thickest..presumably maple but of course it's painted black :D

For the curious..I paid $544 (+$100 to EMS.)

JKD":ca328 said:

Very fucking heavy (11lbs) but in spite of that it seems to not play so loud acoustically as my Epiphone even after I upgraded the 9 set that was on there to 10s.

The fit and finish is excellent...really nice fretboard, neck didn't need any adjustment...I could maybe tweak it slightly to get a little better action but it isn't really necessary.

Binding is really nicely done and the MOP diamond and Edwards logo are sweet. Maybe the fret markers are synthetic.....they're very white for MOP. I'm going to try and get a pic in daylight today.

There's discoloration on the gold..but it is a used guitar after all..it's pre-relic'd .. LOL

I love the SH-4/SH-1n combination in this guitar...great vintagey tones.

If I were to change anything, then it might be to buy a newer version of this model...the newer ones are weight relieved I'd guess...at around 7.8/8lbs.

Thick, LP style neck....like a 'C' shape ....seems a little bigger even than by Gibson Gothic LP...

I pulled the neck pickup to see if I could check out the neck construction...but it's well painted in there, not obvious whether this is a short or long tenon guitar....eBay ad said short so I'll believe it. You can see the 'cap though....looks to be 1/2" at it's thickest..presumably maple but of course it's painted black :D

For the curious..I paid $544 (+$100 to EMS.)

Sounds good man, thanks. I'd say you got a pretty good deal on that.

Bump for nice inlays...still a shitty shot, had to drop the exposure way down to reveal teh colours...Kodak cam has a habit of over-exposing in Auto mode:

ELP85CD_stock.jpg

ARGH!!! This is not helping my LP gas.

That looks like one sexified guitar! Last summer I scored a good deal on an Edwards Explorer in the cloudy black satin finish and it is a dream to play. Now if only I had an LP...

Back