Carvin Legacy vs Mesa Mark IV

SFW

It's been years since I owned a Legacy, so I'm a little fuzzy on the lead tone... However, from what I can remember, the Legacy's lead channel sounded very simular to the lead channel of the Maes Mark IV. If any of you guys have played both, can you either confirm this or set me strait. Thanks guys!

I can say from experiance that the Legacy's lead channel is nothing like the MKIV. Im not sure if he posts here anymore but You can also ask Stratboy151 because he has owned both. I hope this helps.

:|::QBB:
Gainfreak":33a18 said:
I can say from experiance that the Legacy's lead channel is nothing like the MKIV. Im not sure if he posts here anymore but You can also ask Stratboy151 because he has owned both. I hope this helps.

foshizzle.gif

I think they're simular in the respect that they are both liquid and creamy if dialed properly. That's want I was talking about.

Not having a MK IV, but my MK III and Legacy have a very similar lead tone feel and liquidity.

:|::QBB:
Gainfreak":937a9 said:

yeah i have had both at the same time. the legacy is more marshally to my ears, even tho it has its own vibe going on. the IV has way more gain and tone shaping possibilities available, the legacy cant get into the long sustaining gainy deal the way the IV can. the only reason i sold the legacy was i didnt really dig the clean channel all that much.

Back