JVM vs. Cameron modded 1959SLP Reissue...

:|::QBB:
carlygtr56":d36df said:

Like I said, your clips don't bear out your claims.
The pathetic Little Wing clip especially.
Nice cement mixer guitar in that one :lol: Talk about a sissy cunt, huh?
That's sissy cunt guitar playing.

bet? I bet neither of you know a whole song. 2 sissy cunts :lol:
Velcro Cunt

blah.gif

carlygtr56":49d4a said:

An amp is only as good as the guy playing it. In your case it really doesn't matter much.

Be a cold day in hell before I sent that rat-face a plug nickel for a spot on his forever wait-list :lol:
Boy, that response wasn't predictable or anything. :aww: You're getting boring Carl. Tell ya what. Don't take your pills tomorow morning and come back tomorrow night.

carlygtr56":8b895 said:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=248472

Just as predictable as your hero fulfulling his obligations.
Never trust a rat-face, IMO
Nothing I didn't allready know in that thread. I don't care about the wait because I allready have 2 of them, and they both slay your JVM. :rofl:

carlygtr56":2d229 said:

IMO, they don't "slay" anything. Just another amp modded by a hobbyist with a solderng iron.
Yep, keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you feel better about not having one :lol:

Sgt thump likes the jvm and says it sounds similar to the cameron, and I want a cameron so he should sell it to me and buy something that's differant in terms of tone, then both of us will be happy.

SgtThump":ccd08 said:

I need to listen to it again after I become more familiar with this amp, but yes, I believe so.

I know I said before that I wasn't blown away by the Camerons when I heard them and that was true. But after playing this one on stage with my recent gear (Bogner cab, R8 Les Paul, etc...) and getting more volume and "real world" experience with it, I must say it kicks all kinds of ass. And yes, it does appear to get the Doug Aldrich tone that I fell in love with several years ago!!!

Chris

Wow... That's great tone then, Chris!!
Nice!

keith

To be quite honest..... I think I would love a Cameron but there is no way in hell Im sending him $1200 cash as a down payment. No way, with his track record as piss poor as it is and IMHO he has a long way to climb to over come that with some people like myself. Some evidently dont care that he has this reputation and thats cool..... just not me.

I dont know Mark but Im sure he is a great guy but if your perfectionist tendancies and lack communication skills are big part of you then I dont see things changing unless he gets help building the amps.

Time will tell if he has things in place to get them out in a timely fashion. So if I have to wait I'll wait for a used one and get in a timely manor soon after I paid for it.

Just my worthless .02.

Unless a dealer has a new cameron or somebody sells one used I won't be getting one, I will not send 1200 and wait possibly 6 months, but I think the amp will kick ass and like all amps I will find one used.

SgtThump":1648d said:

I'm not defending anything, but rather putting it into perspective. It's the same type of thing as waiting 3 years for a custom Harley Davidson to be built or a handmade import sports car where there are only 10 made per year. Same kind of thing... Some don't mind and some go crazy waiting that long.

Personally, I couldn't wait that long either. But I understand some things work that way.

Sorry if what I said came across as me saying you were defending. I was just actually speaking of my personal thoughts and it was not directed at anyone's post.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :D

ejecta":d67ec said:
To be quite honest..... I think I would love a Cameron but there is no way in hell Im sending him $1200 cash as a down payment. No way, with his track record as piss poor as it is and IMHO he has a long way to climb to over come that with some people like myself. Some evidently dont care that he has this reputation and thats cool..... just not me.

I dont know Mark but Im sure he is a great guy but if your perfectionist tendancies and lack communication skills are big part of you then I dont see things changing unless he gets help building the amps.

Time will tell if he has things in place to get them out in a timely fashion. So if I have to wait I'll wait for a used one and get in a timely manor soon after I paid for it.

Just my worthless .02.

I tend to agree with this .

My main concern would be the fact that I left several messages months ago for Mark and NO Reply . I also sent a few emails to Chris and only when I inquired about a address to send a payment did I get a reply.

Look I know Mark is a very busy guy , and I was really hoping adding a Business partner would help , but I am really not interested in sending 1200.00 and waiting months ( most likely much longer ) when from my understanding he still has amps that were sent to him to be modded that people haven't even received back yet . So how if it is just him ... do you think these amps will be ready by Aug . ?

And If I did send payment ? I wonder how long and how many messages would I have to leave in order to get a response ????

I have heard great things about his work and I'm sure that his amp line will be Killer , but I think at this point I will wait either for a dealer to carry them or a used one .

Just to be safe :confused:

I've heard mutterings about this for awhile, but does anyone know how many mods/amps are still being waited on from mark currently? I'm not in the market for an amp right now, but I have liked pretty much every cameron clip I've heard.

'63-Strat":ff567 said:
I've heard mutterings about this for awhile, but does anyone know how many mods/amps are still being waited on from mark currently? I'm not in the market for an amp right now, but I have liked pretty much every cameron clip I've heard.

I don't know , but i have heard more than a few people who have claimed they are still waiting for there amps .

Like I said I am just gonna wait and see what happens . :yes:

espquade":33b2c said:

I tend to agree with this .

My main concern would be the fact that I left several messages months ago for Mark and NO Reply . I also sent a few emails to Chris and only when I inquired about a address to send a payment did I get a reply.

Look I know Mark is a very busy guy , and I was really hoping adding a Business partner would help , but I am really not interested in sending 1200.00 and waiting months ( most likely much longer ) when from my understanding he still has amps that were sent to him to be modded that people haven't even received back yet . So how if it is just him ... do you think these amps will be ready by Aug . ?

And If I did send payment ? I wonder how long and how many messages would I have to leave in order to get a response ????

I have heard great things about his work and I'm sure that his amp line will be Killer , but I think at this point I will wait either for a dealer to carry them or a used one .

Just to be safe :confused:

I don't recall getting any messages from you...if you left one and I didn't get back to you I am sorry. I get between 50 & 75 emails per day. Hope you understand.

Just so we are all on the same page here, these amps will be shipping by August. Dealers will be getting them after then since we are satisfying our own wait list first and then releasing them to be sold at dealers. Sorry if you have any feelings of mistrust. I have nothing to do with any of the mod work done in the past nor can I control what has already been done before Mark and I formed our partnership. I can however tell you that I have a very successful electronics manufacturing company with 45 em ployees which I have run for 16 years and I will be putting the same effort and concentration on this business.

Please accept my opologies if I did not get back with you or anyone else reading this in the amount of time that was expected. My intention is to grow relationships with our customers and I more than anyone would like to erase all of the mishandling of customer calls and emails that have previously been ignored.

Chris Schmidt
Cameron Amplification

SQUAREHEAD":d173d said:
Hey Chris...

"Evil or Divine" dvd... Is "that" tone in the Cameron?

Lead or Rythym? Or both??

Keith

IIRC, Mark told me that Doug used the Cameron amps for the lead tones and the rhythms were Suhrs.

Chris Schmidt":a48c2 said:

I don't recall getting any messages from you...if you left one and I didn't get back to you I am sorry. I get between 50 & 75 emails per day. Hope you understand.

Just so we are all on the same page here, these amps will be shipping by August. Dealers will be getting them after then since we are satisfying our own wait list first and then releasing them to be sold at dealers. Sorry if you have any feelings of mistrust. I have nothing to do with any of the mod work done in the past nor can I control what has already been done before Mark and I formed our partnership. I can however tell you that I have a very successful electronics manufacturing company with 45 em ployees which I have run for 16 years and I will be putting the same effort and concentration on this business.

Please accept my opologies if I did not get back with you or anyone else reading this in the amount of time that was expected. My intention is to grow relationships with our customers and I more than anyone would like to erase all of the mishandling of customer calls and emails that have previously been ignored.

Chris Schmidt
Cameron Amplification

Chris , thanks for your reply ,

I am aware that starting a new business can be very demanding , and I was not aware that you have been receiving that many emails daily . That certainly shows the amount of interest in Mark's amps and I think that is wonderful , however I hope you can understand mine and some others hesitation on the topic of communication and follow up .

I am still very interested in the Cameron amps , but it will be interesting to see how how many of these orders will be backordered and the amount of wait time . I for one am very patient , but given Mark's history on amp mod delivery times being sometimes several several months behind I have to tell you putting 1200.00 down and hoping to receive it sometime in Aug. is something I would welcome , but honestly don't see it happening . I hope you prove me and others wrong .

Maybe a more realistic time line would be ?

Anyway , I wish you both great success , and I hope to own one sometime in the future . do you know if the price will be higher or the same through a dealer ?

Back