I need software...

:|::QBB:
Fl00":addfd said:

actually i dont use linux because my 300mhz imac wouldn't be able to handle it

My 300 MHz 8600 can handle Yellow Dog Linux 3.0. ;) That iMac should be able to run the latest Yellow Dog Linux 5.0.1 or whatever they have. Just make sure the internal drive is bigger than 10 gigs or else it could fail.

Edit: Bob, just get a pirated copy from some torrent site.

Bob Savage":54ba1 said:

I didn't need to, ANY Vista OS can run the TS client, but apparently you didn't know that. Thanks a bunch for your valuable input.

No, I didn't know that you were asking for the server. And since I don't yet have any time on Vista Home Premium, I made the assumption that RDS client was discluded from the package.

I do however, spend a good deal of my workday running remote clients, and even installing RDS on Windows/Linux servers.

Turns out that there is a workaround for FreeVNC to run as a service on Vista H-P that seems to work for most users.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/12/13/workaround-to-run-vnc-server-in-windows-vista/

But, since you're choosing to be such a collosal prick, I don't care.

Code001":3ee33 said:

My 300 MHz 8600 can handle Yellow Dog Linux 3.0. ;) That iMac should be able to run the latest Yellow Dog Linux 5.0.1 or whatever they have. Just make sure the internal drive is bigger than 10 gigs or else it could fail.

Edit: Bob, just get a pirated copy from some torrent site.

i have a 10 gig drive and it runs osx 10.3 on, and i don't really have any urge to upgrade :/

squealie":fe5bc said:

But, since you're choosing to be such a collosal prick, I don't care.

You're the one that came off like an expert with an attitude so don't act surprised when you get smacked for mouthing off without doing your research.

Being able to run the RDP client on any version of Vista is nothing new. There have been free RDP clients going all the way back to Win98 and a server side on the client since XP Pro. Since you're spending so much time dealing with remote control clients, I would think you knew that.

Bob Savage":f9ec9 said:

You're the one that came off like an expert with an attitude so don't act surprised when you get smacked for mouthing off without doing your research.

Can't follow you there, Bob.

My original post ASKED if the TS client would install, and still was available. It was a sincere question.

Bob Savage":21e2f said:
I know multiple people running Vista for audio apps without issue.
I love those..."I heard it doesn't work" attitudes.
I got into a discussion on another forum with a guy that claimed Vista did not work on with audio apps...oy.

degenaro":57d5b said:
I love those..."I heard it doesn't work" attitudes.
I got into a discussion on another forum with a guy that claimed Vista did not work on with audio apps...oy.

I tried it, it worked but not perfectly... not as well as xp pro did. I'll try it again when sp1 is released.

I keep reading that the aero interface doesn't impact performance but that's the only thing I can think of that must've been causing my issues.

supahd":e2a2f said:

I tried it, it worked but not perfectly... not as well as xp pro did. I'll try it again when sp1 is released.

I keep reading that the aero interface doesn't impact performance but that's the only thing I can think of that must've been causing my issues.
Depends on the software, running Drumcore under rewire will shut off Aero and turn it into Basic. But then again that's no different than any of the audio performance tweaks from XP anyways.

squealie":14629 said:

Can't follow you there, Bob.

My original post ASKED if the TS client would install, and still was available. It was a sincere question.

Perhaps there's just a miscommunication because your "you didn't ask..." post seemed a bit snotty. My apologies of you weren't intentionally being a prick.

Back