New website sucks... under Mac ?

• Thread starter Thread starter mininoyz
  • Start date Start date
M
mininoyz
I don't know if any others of you encoutered the same problem, but I can't get the new website proprely displayed on my Mac, under Safari or Opera. The pics do not appear. Strange because the new site (black w/ flash) was still working a few days ago. Problem on my Mac or on the website ? :confused:

:|::QBB:
mininoyz":dde1c said:
I don't know if any others of you encoutered the same problem, but I can't get the new website proprely displayed on my Mac, under Safari or Opera. The pics do not appear. Strange because the new site (black w/ flash) was still working a few days ago. Problem on my Mac or on the website ? :confused:

Hi,

unfortunatelly I could not reproduce this with Opera 9.2 on a Windows System. Could you please provide some more details about your system or browser version used? Did you get any JavaScript errors/warnings?

Thanks in advance for your information.

olly

OS X : 10.4.9
Safari : 2.0.4
Opera : 9.2
No problem on other websites.

I had similar problems. You should download Firefox. It works great....
john

I just don't like FF... under Mac. Safari or Opera are way better in my opinion. Anyway the change-your-browser-answer is not a good answer in web-design. It's a little bug that can be fixed.
Off-topic : nice carrot ! ;)

Tiger:

Safari doesn't show the menues correctly
Opera craps the content, doesn't show the menues either
Firefox works correctly

olly":f9cdd said:

Hi,

unfortunatelly I could not reproduce this with Opera 9.2 on a Windows System. Could you please provide some more details about your system or browser version used? Did you get any JavaScript errors/warnings?

Thanks in advance for your information.

olly
Yup, JS error. No idea how to specify them correctly though . . .

Olaf

The question is : what has been changed a few days ago ? Evrything was still fine a few days ago.

Safari never showed the menues.
Website was moved and maybe redesigned?!

duesentrieb":c11a0 said:
Safari never showed the menues.
Website was moved and maybe redesigned?!
Do you mean active submenues ? I've checked the website on my PC under FF (!) and that was pretty the same thing that I viewed on my Mac a few days ago, but the submenues I never noticed before.

If you guys are using lesser known, barely popular browsers then it's kind of hard to make everyone happy. You have to blame the browser and not the site if everything works fine on IE and Firefox.
People think using the latest and greatest in browsers is the best thing, but here is an example as to why that is not true! It can't be the webmaster's fault.

Sorry to disapprove you, but a webmaster job is to make evrybody happy. A site is a tool of communication, is has to be tweaked always, and a webmaster's life is to deal with problems... and I just know what I'm talking about ;)
Anyway I suppose it's a minor issue that any good webmaster could resolve in a few days, to satisfy the majority of us using not-so-exotical browsers without changing their habits.

MitchSchaft":9c1c3 said:
If you guys are using lesser known, barely popular browsers then it's kind of hard to make everyone happy. You have to blame the browser and not the site if everything works fine on IE and Firefox.
People think using the latest and greatest in browsers is the best thing, but here is an example as to why that is not true! It can't be the webmaster's fault.

Sorry, but Safari and Opera are not "barely popular" browsers. Opera is actually the most standard compliant browser at the moment. As a web designer I have to make sure that the sites I create work with as many browsers as possible. Usually if they work in Opera, then they also work in Firefox. IE6 usually needs some hacks due to it's poor support for many things. IE7 is better but far from great.

They are "barely popular". Less than 1% (according to our visitor log) of our visitors usse those browsers for this site. Everybody is firefox(40%) and IE.

Might be true for this site but overall Safari and Opera are on the rise. I doubt they will ever become as popular as IE and FF though.

The reason why IE and FF run pretty much any site, aside from the fact that they're the most popular, is that they are far more lenient when it comes to bad code. A friend had forgot a > at the end of a HTML tag on one of his sites on a table and it worked fine in FF but in Opera the table was churned on one line. That's just one thing that browsers shouldn't allow.

Back