Clip- Prelude Instrumental Thing

:|::QBB:
The Big Snit":5a876 said:
:|::QBB: :lol:
Those were innocent times...you could write happy tunes, use lots of keyboards.. :D

:D

Actually 92 and 93 was weird for me. I got the boot from the 80's thing in 91 and I had no idea WTF to do in 91-93. I hooked up with a friend of mine who was a kickass keyboard player and Producer and I asked him to produce a demo for me. It wound up that he and I started writing together and I ditched the demo idea because of him. We started writing together and we wrote some weird stuff. This is the first time that I was not to blame for not putting anything out because he kind of sidetracked my demo and nothing ever got done :D

Gainfreak":85b12 said:

:D

Actually 92 and 93 was weird for me. I got the boot from the 80's thing in 91 and I had no idea WTF to do in 91-93. I hooked up with a friend of mine who was a kickass keyboard player and Producer and I asked him to produce a demo for me. It wound up that he and I started writing together and I ditched the demo idea because of him. We started writing together and we wrote some weird stuff. This is the first time that I was not to blame for not putting anything out because he kind of sidetracked my demo and nothing ever got done :D
No clips. :(

I heard you are going to make a CD soon. :thumbsup:

ratter":9db36 said:

The funny thing about this clip is how it sounds worlds better than most stuff that people do nowadays with their Core 2 Duo 24/192 motorized faders super duper mega plugin craziness....
Really? Just have to do the best with what you have....Back then I had a 16 track sequencer handling a lot of stuff (drums, keys...) so I had a lot of virtual channels that I dumped at mixdown, after this I went with a big setup, 32 channel automated board with 3 ADATs. Looking back it didn't sound a hell of a lot better anyways with more gear. :lol:

The Big Snit":8d985 said:
:|::QBB:No clips. :(

I heard you are going to make a CD soon. :thumbsup:

Nope.

I have an old tape of some of the stuff that we did but It's pretty beat up(has drop outs all over)
He has everything in digital format but the problem is that we are no longer friends and I can't get the stuff.
That said, he was/is one of the best producers that I have ever heard and is a genius with recording. It's a shame that we aren't friends anymore because I really loved some of the stuff we did and would love to try some new stuff with him at the helm!!

Yup, I have been told by my guitar teacher that part of my lessons will be preparing for a CD. I was told to bring some stuff in to work on.

The Big Snit":3886c said:
:|::QBB:Cool stuff...sounds like a Mike Oldfield fan. :thumbsup:

definitely a Mike Oldfield fan along with Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, yes and a whole bunch of others. His favorite Rock guitarist was Sykes... Go figure :D

Gainfreak":71e64 said:

definitely a Mike Oldfield fan along with Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, yes and a whole bunch of others. His favorite Rock guitarist was Sykes... Go figure :D
It's funny, that's what makes a 'new sound' ...combining a bunch of older influences that shouldn't go together.

Your chocolate is in my peanut butter! :D

The Big Snit":0450e said:
:|::QBB:It's funny, that's what makes a 'new sound' ...combining a bunch of older influences that shouldn't go together.

Your chocolate is in my peanut butter! :D

Yup! Now picture distorted guitar over some of the soundscapes you heard. That's pretty much what we did along with some other normal stuff :D

Back