New gear inbound: AxeFX

• Thread starter Thread starter grooveHT
  • Start date Start date
grooveHT
grooveHT
Hey guys,
I've got a Fractal Audio AxeFx due in on tuesday here...can't wait! I'll try to post some clips when it comes in. Anyone else have any experience with one?

Jeff

I've got one coming in a month or so.

Let em know what you think of it.

Ericb has one, he loves it. Pretty much got me to order one ...

I think riffy has one, as well as digiwhisper...they've had nothing but great stuff to say about it, nor has anyone else I've talked to since. I'll give you a full report, expect crippage tuesday night !

I am really digging the effects on those, could give the eclipse a run for it's money for sure but for that change I would have to bound with it first to put it though the paces.

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":154fd said:
I am really digging the effects on those, could give the eclipse a run for it's money for sure but for that change I would have to bound with it first to put it though the paces.

Have you been able to play one at all? I think the folks at Fractal are putting out an Ultra model, which has expanded RAM and better DSP capabilities, with an eye towards replacing high-end effects units in peoples' setups:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/index2.html

going to be a little too pricey for my blood, but from what I hear the base Axe-FX unit kills all by itself, so I don't think I'll pursue an upgrade to Ultra.

Do you know what the date was when you got on the waiting list?

I got on the list 2 months ago and can not wait to get mine.

Man,
You're going to be amazed when you get the little beastie! It is all that AND a bag of chips.

shredi knight":9e5b7 said:
Do you know what the date was when you got on the waiting list?

I got on the list 2 months ago and can not wait to get mine.

Hey Shredi, I think it was between dec and feb, to be honest, not sure precisely when. However, I do know it will be here tuesday ;)

riffy":950ec said:
Man,
You're going to be amazed when you get the little beastie! It is all that AND a bag of chips.

Riffy, I found about about the Axe-FX because you pointed it out, so its all your fault :D I doubt my fiancee will buy that I did it because you told me to, but I'm practicing being convincing! What are your favorite presets riffy?

Nice one Jeff!!

Those look really cool and i have heard nothing but amazing reviews on them! Sounds like a killer all-in-one unit! :thumbsup:

I got mine, and it really is an amazing piece of gear. Feel is there, no digital 'clank' to it at all. effects are top notch.

You would be really hard-pressed, in a blind test, to pick the Axe-Fx from a tube amp.

How much do these things go for?

Congrats to everyone who got one!

ampjunkie":ce6c2 said:
I got mine, and it really is an amazing piece of gear. Feel is there, no digital 'clank' to it at all. effects are top notch.

You would be really hard-pressed, in a blind test, to pick the Axe-Fx from a tube amp.

Amen! It is simply a stellar AMP!

Digital Jams":bb861 said:

It's already given the Eclipse a run for its money and killed it. I don't know why anyone would want an Eclipse after the AxeFX has been released. Now that the Ultra has just been released as well, I start to question Eventide as a whole. The only reason I could see someone wanting an Eventide now-a-days is due to the signature "tone/voicing" they have in their effects.

ampjunkie":66272 said:

Someone posted a clip of the Triaxis and the AxeFX somewhere. It was incredibly hard to tell them apart.

Code001":6b701 said:

It's already given the Eclipse a run for its money and killed it. I don't know why anyone would want an Eclipse after the AxeFX has been released. Now that the Ultra has just been released as well, I start to question Eventide as a whole. The only reason I could see someone wanting an Eventide now-a-days is due to the signature "tone/voicing" they have in their effects.

Killed it? Who stated this and lets see the spectrum analyzer data to support this idea that you have. Sorry but do not give me info about guys listening on home studio monitors unless there last name is Lang, Wagner, or Templeton.

What I am getting at is that you are saying this new product is not only maybe better but just destroys one of the industries gold standard in effects algorhythms and that is pretty freaking funny. YOur going to have to bring more to the table as some of the most famous recordings were made using Eventide equipment.

So you can't see anyone buying anything Eventide.....better call every freaking large studio on the planet :lol:

To the Axe-FX guys....I really like what I hear from this unit and just having fun with Tom stating that Eventide is history even though I could get a 1980s eventide worked on today still. Who knows....I may someday have one myself.

The AxeFX is new. Of course all those guys don't have it right now. Eventide has been around since forever. Simply listen to it and compare. People are selling their 2290s, Eclipses, etc. etc. just to keep the AxeFX. It's closer to those effects than the Eclipse ever was. Not only is it more versatile, but the quality is right up there. Combine that with someone who's willing to program aspects into it that the CUSTOMER requests, and you got yourself a top notch product. I've never seen better customer support than the AxeFX before. Cliff just goes above and beyond.

Like I said, the only reason I can see people buying the Eclipse would be for the signature voicing.

Code001":0d47f said:
The AxeFX is new. Of course all those guys don't have it right now. Eventide has been around since forever. Simply listen to it and compare. People are selling their 2290s, Eclipses, etc. etc. just to keep the AxeFX. It's closer to those effects than the Eclipse ever was. Not only is it more versatile, but the quality is right up there. Combine that with someone who's willing to program aspects into it that the CUSTOMER requests, and you got yourself a top notch product. I've never seen better customer support than the AxeFX before. Cliff just goes above and beyond.

Like I said, the only reason I can see people buying the Eclipse would be for the signature voicing.

So who sold Eventides to buy these? Anyone in the biz?

I am serious, produce the facts and analyzer results and I would get one but right now you are not backing up that this new company is blowing away one of the gold standards. Like I said before if I had a month or so to really dive into one of these there would be a good chance I would get one since I have the funds for this.

Sorry but you are just making a pretty large assumption. Eventide, TC Electronics, and Lexicon are known to be the holy trinity when it comes to studio quality time based effects and IMO it is going to take some serious studio shoot-outs to prove what you have said.

Back