DSL 50 VS JSX

• Thread starter Thread starter lampshade
  • Start date Start date
L
lampshade
I was at GC jamming around and they had a JSX out, right next to a 5150II and a XXX and some DSL's, now is it me or does the JSX kick the shit out of everything on the list? should I be grabbing one of these?

Well it really depends on what tones you're going for. I would take a DSL 50 over a JSX any day, personally.

:|::QBB:
'63-Strat":80649 said:
Well it really depends on what tones you're going for.

I like the JSX but I don't think it kicks the the shit out out of any of the amps. Depending on the music I could grab any one of the amps and be happy. If you feel the JSX is that much better than the others it is probably your tone so maybe you should be grabbing one.

:|::QBB:
'63-Strat":2e032 said:
Well it really depends on what tones you're going for. I would take a DSL 50 over a JSX any day, personally.
+1000
Something about Peavey mids makes me nauseous. And then top it off with a generous helping of fizz and it's puke city.
Just not a Peavey fan

Well alot goes into it, after I posted last nite I was thinking that they all had different cabs as well which is a huge factor, I have a DSL 50 now along with a few XXX heads and they are both cool, just different vibes, about the Peavey tones, for some reason I can dial in a peavey head easier than the marshall stuff, they are different animals but I had a blast with the jsx the other day, one thing for sure the DSL weighs less than what the XXX and JSX weigh!

With 6L6s, the JSX IMHO does kick the shit out of those amps. We all hear things differently. I wouldn't use a DSL50 to keep my car from rolling back in the driveway, but some people like em.

Pete

I dunno, I'd say they're pretty different sounding, so if one jumps out at you like you said, its probably a good sign that you'll prefer that voicing.

Back