New gear inbound: AxeFX

• Thread starter Thread starter grooveHT
  • Start date Start date
:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":3c722 said:
man..............effects fanbois :P

Teh_4umz are filled with fanbois of all types. You get used to it after a while...even if you're a guy who makes amps and refuses to sell them using mojo-laden BS (when so many others do). :)

Digital Jams":ea87b said:

After reading up on this it would make a great gig ready solution coupled with a Boogie or VHT power amp......no doubt about it.

About the tone and effects, on HRI it seems from guys that have big effects unit experience that there is a tonal difference that in the end will be up to the user to decide, no one killing the other it seems. Eventide has that color that only Eventide can produce it seems while the axe-fx seems very neutral.

H8000 would freaking rule!!!!

Ya, the H8000FW is INSANE! Unfortunately so is it's price tag.

Do you or anyone else know if the Axe-FX has the ability to perform the virtual rack functions of the H8000?

Virtual Racks
This is a bank with massive racks! 4 full blown processors are arranged in each preset, including on/off MIDI switching of each effect. Dry and wet portions of the signals are already properly routed through ... run these presets with the unit in 100% wet mode. Attentively crafted for guitar, vocals, drums, percussion and general use samples, we suggest you try any possible audio source through these masterpieces. The MIDI Virtual Racks presets allow the user to switch between different parameters values that can be tweaked and stored internally in the algorithm core structure, using the front panel of the unit. Recalling any of the 10 tweaks is possible by using your favorite MIDI controller, be it a pedalboard, a desktop unit or your computer MIDI/Audio sequencing software. See A note about the Midi Virtual Racks presets (Bank 66) on page 113 for to find out more.

These new algorithms were created to allow the user to switch between different parameters values that can be tweaked and stored internally, in the algorithm core structure, using the front panel of the unit. Recalling any of these tweaks is possible by using your favorite Midi controller, being it a pedalboard, a desktop unit or your computer Midi/Audio sequencing software. A <<<tweak #>>> knob acts as a master control for up to 50 parameters, all marked with an asterisk symbol *. These parameters include single fx on/off status and more. Simply set your <<<tweak #>>> on value 1 and adjust all fx parameters to your liking. Then proceed to <<<tweak #2>>>...up to <<<tweak #10>>>. You now have 10 fully configured and stored presets for your rack! The tweak parameter is patched to system Assign #3. You can change tweak manually or patching Assign #3 to a midi CC message You’ll need a midi controller capable of sending a CC
message with a specific value of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10, to recall the same numbered tweak.
If your midi pedalboard gives you the option to program 10 switches to send the same midi CC message with one of these 10 numerical values, you’ll be able to call any tweak by just using the switch with the same number. Most mid-range and professional midi pedalboards can do this today.

This means that your able to recall 10 different presets within a single one, without using program change, thus avoiding program-loading time, which somebody out there doesn't appreciate too much. Zero-latency switching!
Example:
First you need to configure your Midi pedalboard. Please carefully check its user documentation to proceed. Let’s say we will use Midi CC message #22; set your unit so that:
Switch #1 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 1
Switch #2 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 2
Switch #3 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 3
Switch #4 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 4
Switch #5 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 5
Switch #6 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 6
Switch #7 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 7
Switch #8 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 8
Switch #9 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 9
Switch #10 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 10
Enter the H8000 system pressing the SETUP key 3 times; now press the <external> soft key 3
times...highlight “Capture Midi” and press the SELECT key. Hit any switch on your pedalboard...and
the assign 3 mode: xxxxxx will show the Midi CC message # sent from your pedalboard. Assign 3 is now patched to MIDI CC#22.
Now reach for the Midi Virtual Racks presets in bank 66. Load any of them. Build your own 10 tweaks..store the preset. Hit any of your pedalboard switches and you’ll see the <<<tweak #>>>

I took one look at that massive chode of a text and just backed away...

sah5150":f8c5a said:

The Wave Mechanics SoundBlender is an Eventide H3000 in a plug in. I defy anyone to tell me they can hear the difference between the plugin and a real H3000 in a recording. It is cheap by comparison, I can instantiate a pile of them in a recording project and it sounds great. Not useful for live, but it proves the color can be produced outside of Eventide... in fact, Wave Mechanics was founded by a bunch of ex-Eventide folks...

Steve

Never said I could pick it out, would try but not placing the ranch on it. I do find some claims pretty funny regarding who can sniff out what.

I do know that at NAMM my favorite tone of the floor was the new Eventide delay pedal driving a wet /dry rack.

Digital Jams":17569 said:

Nobody noticed till you....thanks for the help Steve. Dont you have to clay bar your Vette or something?

You're right... Lemme get on that right now. Thanks, man!

Steve

Digital Jams":257f9 said:

Never said I could pick it out, would try but not placing the ranch on it. I do find some claims pretty funny regarding who can sniff out what.

True, but what you did say was:

"Eventide has that color that only Eventide can produce..."

I am merely pointing out another very economical way to get that identical color that was not produced by Eventide... at least in a recording environment.

Steve

I would never use anything that colors my tone. Not even a cable.

sah5150":7c634 said:

True, but what you did say was:

"Eventide has that color that only Eventide can produce..."

I am merely pointing out another very economical way to get that identical color that was not produced by Eventide... at least in a recording environment.

Steve

Believe me, I have been dumpster diving for an Eventide for 6 months now, a plug-in will not help my rack and that is the problem. With the EMU I have I can also insert that into my recording chain with zero latency.

See that 550HP KR500 Stang yet??

Zachman":f76c2 said:

Ya, the H8000FW is INSANE! Unfortunately so is it's price tag.

Do you or anyone else know if the Axe-FX has the ability to perform the virtual rack functions of the H8000?

Virtual Racks
This is a bank with massive racks! 4 full blown processors are arranged in each preset, including on/off MIDI switching of each effect. Dry and wet portions of the signals are already properly routed through ... run these presets with the unit in 100% wet mode. Attentively crafted for guitar, vocals, drums, percussion and general use samples, we suggest you try any possible audio source through these masterpieces. The MIDI Virtual Racks presets allow the user to switch between different parameters values that can be tweaked and stored internally in the algorithm core structure, using the front panel of the unit. Recalling any of the 10 tweaks is possible by using your favorite MIDI controller, be it a pedalboard, a desktop unit or your computer MIDI/Audio sequencing software. See A note about the Midi Virtual Racks presets (Bank 66) on page 113 for to find out more.

These new algorithms were created to allow the user to switch between different parameters values that can be tweaked and stored internally, in the algorithm core structure, using the front panel of the unit. Recalling any of these tweaks is possible by using your favorite Midi controller, being it a pedalboard, a desktop unit or your computer Midi/Audio sequencing software. A <<<tweak #>>> knob acts as a master control for up to 50 parameters, all marked with an asterisk symbol *. These parameters include single fx on/off status and more. Simply set your <<<tweak #>>> on value 1 and adjust all fx parameters to your liking. Then proceed to <<<tweak #2>>>...up to <<<tweak #10>>>. You now have 10 fully configured and stored presets for your rack! The tweak parameter is patched to system Assign #3. You can change tweak manually or patching Assign #3 to a midi CC message You’ll need a midi controller capable of sending a CC
message with a specific value of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10, to recall the same numbered tweak.
If your midi pedalboard gives you the option to program 10 switches to send the same midi CC message with one of these 10 numerical values, you’ll be able to call any tweak by just using the switch with the same number. Most mid-range and professional midi pedalboards can do this today.

This means that your able to recall 10 different presets within a single one, without using program change, thus avoiding program-loading time, which somebody out there doesn't appreciate too much. Zero-latency switching!
Example:
First you need to configure your Midi pedalboard. Please carefully check its user documentation to proceed. Let’s say we will use Midi CC message #22; set your unit so that:
Switch #1 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 1
Switch #2 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 2
Switch #3 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 3
Switch #4 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 4
Switch #5 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 5
Switch #6 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 6
Switch #7 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 7
Switch #8 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 8
Switch #9 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 9
Switch #10 sends out Midi CC #22 with value 10
Enter the H8000 system pressing the SETUP key 3 times; now press the <external> soft key 3
times...highlight “Capture Midi” and press the SELECT key. Hit any switch on your pedalboard...and
the assign 3 mode: xxxxxx will show the Midi CC message # sent from your pedalboard. Assign 3 is now patched to MIDI CC#22.
Now reach for the Midi Virtual Racks presets in bank 66. Load any of them. Build your own 10 tweaks..store the preset. Hit any of your pedalboard switches and you’ll see the <<<tweak #>>>

I could buy 4 H3000 units I guess to make up for this :lol:

Quiet down. I am playing poker at PokerStars and am up $650 at the moment. Don't distract me!

Steve, bar wax your car. Scott, buy an Eventide.
Bob, go back to NOT playing solos along with me.

Oh hell....tally hooooooooo I am in on this action!!!!!!

Ebay auction 330136672904

Sucker is below $600 right now.

Digital Jams":5fbec said:
:|::QBB:See that 550HP KR500 Stang yet??

Yeah I have. I'm not big on the new Mustangs because I absolutely hate the interiors (I can't even fit in one comfortably because the seats don't go back enough), but those are beasts...

Steve

Back