Clips of Voodoo modded ENGL Powerball II?

MrFlexx

Been trying to find any clips of a Voodoo modded ENGL Powerball II but can't find any :doh: Anyone got clips to post?

I've owned the PBII, and as much as I love Voodoo mods (I had one of their modded JVMs), I never thought the PBII needed modding. It was just about a perfect amp.

I'm curious what improvements you are looking for in the Engl?

I also love the PBII but I think everything can be made a little better ;)
For instance I think Channel 2 could Overdrive a bit earlier and the attack of all channels can be made faster and more pronounced and articulated ...more meet, if you know what I mean. I also want the upper highs and mids to me smoother and warmer sounding.
I also would like to have like 25% more gain on tap for channel 1. I love the crunch when maximizing the gain on that particular channel, but would love to be able to have more on tap for soloing.
I love channel 3 but I think it overdrives to fast. I rarely pass 11 o’clock for gain. I would like to have the channel 4 voices like a hybrid of channel 3 & 4. To my ears channel 4 is to fizzy.
I own the ENGL Retro Tube 100 head as well and I’d love to have the PBII voiced in somewhere between the Retro Tube 100 and PBII. But with remained fullness of the 6L6’s. I think that would be the best amp ever.

MrFlexx":20rhdzaf said:
I also love the PBII but I think everything can be made a little better ;)
For instance I think Channel 2 could Overdrive a bit earlier and the attack of all channels can be made faster and more pronounced and articulated ...more meet, if you know what I mean. I also want the upper highs and mids to me smoother and warmer sounding.
I also would like to have like 25% more gain on tap for channel 1. I love the crunch when maximizing the gain on that particular channel, but would love to be able to have more on tap for soloing.
I love channel 3 but I think it overdrives to fast. I rarely pass 11 o’clock for gain. I would like to have the channel 4 voices like a hybrid of channel 3 & 4. To my ears channel 4 is to fizzy.
I own the ENGL Retro Tube 100 head as well and I’d love to have the PBII voiced in somewhere between the Retro Tube 100 and PBII. But with remained fullness of the 6L6’s. I think that would be the best amp ever.

Did you ever end up sending your amp in for mods?

Back