New for 2018 Bogner Helios Eclipse and Goldfinger Super Lead

BrentSP

Posted on IG under Reinhold's account aka @SonicFragrance and @Bogner_amps that a newly designed Helios named Helios Eclipse will be out "soon". I'm assuming it'll be introduced at NAMM this January.

Also an updated or new version of the Goldfinger will be coming soon. Its called the Goldfinger SL (Super Lead).

This is all the info I know so far. Any additional info you have, post it here please.

the new Helios will allow all the modes and gain structures to be available from the same input and all foot switchable. this is going to be one hell of a versatile gigging amp now.

the people spoke and Bogner listened

steve_k":25rjfvf4 said:
the new Helios will allow all the modes and gain structures to be available from the same input and all foot switchable. this is going to be one hell of a versatile gigging amp now.

That would be an amazing update!

steve_k":18z6v26r said:

"Reinhold never stops...." :D ;) :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 12.23.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 12.23.26 PM.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 15,235
steve_k":1xsx11dd said:

Killer! just what I was hoping for.

Any idea whats deal w new GF ?

Alex_S":3gmwbs3k said:
steve_k":3gmwbs3k said:

That would be an amazing update!
More gain too. Just FYI.

I wonder if Helios Eclipse will be in the 50watt or 100watt version or both??

The channel switching would be very nice for the Helios. One of the better amps I have tried out, but just could not get around the different inputs for gigging. This could really help out the Helios if the tone and feel stayed the same.

I'm interested in both of these, loved the Goldfinger 90 but the Original Helios was lacking but obviously this new revision fixes that.

Eclipse is 100W
Shipping by sometime in late May if all goes according to plan.
Loose description would have it fit somewhere between the XTC and an Uberschall, it's got a lot of gain, terrific string definition, does the brootz amazingly well, has intense clarity, 2.5 channel system (basically a 3 channel amp but shared EQ for one of the channels). It can palm mute a house to rubble, but it's still maintaining that signature Bogner sag, grind and chew.

Peace
Mo :thumbsup: :rock:

Ventura":9k15oqk0 said:
Eclipse is 100W
Loose description would have it fit somewhere between the XTC and an Uberschall, it's got a lot of gain, terrific string definition, does the brootz amazingly well, has intense clarity, 2.5 channel system (basically a 3 channel amp but shared EQ for one of the channels). It can palm mute a house to rubble, but it's still maintaining that signature Bogner sag, grind and chew.

Peace

Will the gain be like the Helios , greasy and great for 80's hair metal and hard rock ?

harsh59":18dynmlj said:
Ventura":18dynmlj said:
Eclipse is 100W

Peace

Will the gain be like the Helios , greasy and great for 80's hair metal and hard rock ?
All in the ear of the beholder and the hands of the player... We're moving off the mark here with some pretty pointed adjectives - one man's greasy is another man's loose and sloppy; one man's 80s is another man's VHT.

It's got the ability to move into the brootz region but with the signature Bogner chewiness and sag.
It'll clean up.
I'm sure it can do some 80s shit but c'mon, let's be real, no offence but I think we're all kinda done with the "80s" or at least know we can get that era of tone from at least 529 other amps out there, give or take. Not including dozens of pedals.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin', you know what I'm sayin'...??

I don't personally "do" 80s style playing, so I can't speak on this with any pointed authority. I do know it'll be a beast. I do know it'll punch ya in the gut. I do know it's got Bogner DNA all the hell over it. I do know it's got a really wide "range" of tonal goodness, but it's definitely a fire breather.

Ventura":21mi473l said:
harsh59":21mi473l said:
Ventura":21mi473l said:
Eclipse is 100W

Peace

All in the ear of the beholder and the hands of the player... We're moving off the mark here with some pretty pointed adjectives - one man's greasy is another man's loose and sloppy; one man's 80s is another man's VHT.

It's got the ability to move into the brootz region but with the signature Bogner chewiness and sag.
It'll clean up.
I'm sure it can do some 80s shit but c'mon, let's be real, no offence but I think we're all kinda done with the "80s" or at least know we can get that era of tone from at least 529 other amps out there, give or take. Not including dozens of pedals.

I don't personally "do" 80s style playing, so I can't speak on this with any pointed authority. I do know it'll be a beast. I do know it'll punch ya in the gut. I do know it's got Bogner DNA all the hell over it. I do know it's got a really wide "range" of tonal goodness, but it's definitely a fire breather.
As far as it getting into the brootz region, is that just due to the additional gain or is there a more aggressive voicing/settin as well?

fearhk213":39vrdlya said:
Ventura":39vrdlya said:
harsh59":39vrdlya said:
Ventura":39vrdlya said:
Eclipse is 100W

Peace

It'll clean up.

As far as it getting into the brootz region, is that just due to the additional gain or is there a more aggressive voicing/settin as well?
It's been changed a great deal to the best of my understanding - and yes, it comes with more gain - but it also has a different voicing and tonal range than that of the stock Helios. As mentioned above, it's not all Uberschall, it's not all XTC - and it is based on the Helios DNA, but changed a great deal - not just "more gain".

Coming soon!!!!!!

Back