Please Help, Floyd Rose trouble…

SQUAREHEAD

So, everything is perfect except for the G string, needed to be moved way back to be correct Intonation,
But now the string is higher, (action), then all the other strings and the fine tuner is almost impossible to turn… Plus, the rear screws that have some spring to them, when you push them down, the G string has no movement at all, it’s solid as a rock… Something is not right… Any help would be so appreciated as I have a gig tonight… LOL, always the way…
I have not changed string gauge and the neck is perfectly fine, straight as an arrow… Just this darn G string! :aww:

Can you change just the G string itself ? Maybe a bad string ? Can’t understand why the intonation would be so far out...

I would suspect the nut if you have to set it so far back. Is the string leaving the leading edge of the nut properly?

Thank you guys for your suggestions!Yes, changed G string … That wasn’t the problem, and the internation is all over the neck on different frets so the nut is not the problem either…

Did something shift ? Are the Floyd studs loose ? Is the nut loose ? Is the neck moving in the pocket even a tiny bit ? I have a black and yellow VH II replica made from a Wayne neck, GMW body and an old non fine tuner Floyd that had just a tiny bit of play in the neck pocket and the damn thing would not stay in tune after I locked it (which SUCKED because of no fine tuners), had to shim the neck a bit to stop the creaking in the pocket, stays in tune now. Good luck OP.

Thanks Paul… My Floyd is blocked so it will only go down,
All strings, including the G string stay in tune perfectly, it’s just that I had to adjust the intonation for the G string and now the saddle sits much higher than the other saddles… Every string stays in tune flawlessly, just at the G string is off the fretboard much higher…

Make sure the are no saddle shims on your floyd on that string. G string has the taller saddle regardless. It is always the farthest saddle back to intonate. That should not really make it much higher. Make sure your micro tuner is only a few turns down from the highest position when you lock your nut.I always fret across the first fret as I lock down my nut. Got a picture to post?

I have a similar problem with one of my guitars. Thee posts are leaning forward towards the nut shifting the whole bridge forward enough that properly intonated my G string is outta whack. My tech said plugging the stud holes an redrilling will fix the problem.

Martin

nevusofota":337aivwp said:
My first inclination is that you have a shim that’s not seated correctly.

OR... the little brass cover under string saddle inserts has come out and is lodged under the saddle.

psychodave":17zfnvbw said:
nevusofota":17zfnvbw said:

OR... the little brass cover under string saddle inserts has come out and is lodged under the saddle.
This. Any way you slice it you need to take off the saddle and take a look. I'm sure you fixed it by now.

psychodave":3t8tltrg said:
nevusofota":3t8tltrg said:

Brass cover? I have a floyd and can't picture this in my head.

TheWhiteShadow":8rmjso14 said:
psychodave":8rmjso14 said:
nevusofota":8rmjso14 said:

Brass cover? I have a floyd and can't picture this in my head.

Check out the pic in this thread. Notice the tiny square brass bottom cover...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/for ... 94/293472-

Love.... yet hate Floyd’s. :LOL: :LOL:
Self taught. Been dealing/ setting them up since 84.
Once you get em down nothing is better ....
Except a Kahler Steeler. :D

psychodave":a4fv6ugd said:
nevusofota":a4fv6ugd said:

agreed. which leads me to a question: how does that brass cover stay in place without moving.......glue?

nevusofota":1v8qnauq said:
psychodave":1v8qnauq said:
nevusofota":1v8qnauq said:

agreed. which leads me to a question: how does that brass cover stay in place without moving.......glue?

It is pressed in...no glue. I’ve popped them back in several times.

Back