Jubilee Reissue Sounds Awesome, check this!

Holy shit, that's awesome tone right there. Is Jubilee really a "lead players" amp?
I.e. Too warm, dark, bassy for good hard rock/metal rhythm playing?

nigelpkay":12tzd8ah said:
Holy shit, that's awesome tone right there. Is Jubilee really a "lead players" amp?
I.e. Too warm, dark, bassy for good hard rock/metal rhythm playing?
It'll do anything you want, with a boost or two. Easily hard rock, metal it depends on the boost pedals used but I've been able to get EVH 5153 gain levels easily and that's a pretty well known metal amp.
It is darker than the regular 800, but thicker too with a TON of low end. And you can certainly eq them to be bright.
It is the only Marshall that goes well with V30s, in addition to GBs/65s/75s.

The 2555x is just killer! I bought one last year when the prices dropped and don't regret it one bit. That dude is really getting a dark growly JB tone. Just goes to show how versatile the amp is. I get much more high end sheen out of mine but all of the eq controls are drastically effective that you can get a lot of variation just by tweaking the mid knob a bit.

I have a few nice amps and the Jube is my go-to for great classic rock, blues, almost high gain territory.
I need to decide on a better cab now.

glassjaw7":2589qqdo said:
The 2555x is just killer! I bought one last year when the prices dropped and don't regret it one bit. That dude is really getting a dark growly JB tone. Just goes to show how versatile the amp is. I get much more high end sheen out of mine but all of the eq controls are drastically effective that you can get a lot of variation just by tweaking the mid knob a bit.

I have a few nice amps and the Jube is my go-to for great classic rock, blues, almost high gain territory.

I remember people talking about a price drop on these, but it was a while ago and I can't remember the specifics. Can someone fill me in. How much did the 2555x amps retail for when they first became available? And how much were dealers discounting them towards the end?

littleguitars":gqi16ide said:
glassjaw7":gqi16ide said:

I remember people talking about a price drop on these, but it was a while ago and I can't remember the specifics. Can someone fill me in. How much did the 2555x amps retail for when they first became available? And how much were dealers discounting them towards the end?
New they were 1899, and I think they went down to around 1200? Now, I see them used for at least that.....2555 that is. You can still get the 25w head/combo new. But not the 100w version.

mooncobra":3scw3euu said:
this kid is playing the Jubilee reissue. wait until around a minute in when he opens it up. I think it sounds great.

I like this tone, sounds really good for a Jub. :yes:

Think it sounds good. Hard to tell with all that reverb.

He also seems to be fiddling with pedals. Must be some kind of boost going on.

Badronald":pr96gtnm said:
Think it sounds good. Hard to tell with all that reverb.

He also seems to be fiddling with pedals. Must be some kind of boost going on.
For sure boosted. Jubes have just a bit more gain than a JCM 800 2203/4.

I thought the Soldano HR25 would unseat my Marshall 2553. Instead, I just added the HR25 to the stable and am keeping the 2553. :) :)

lespaul6":2jskusl9 said:
Excellent amps... my 2555SL amps rock with the best of them!

Where are you in Florida? I used to own 2 of the 2555SL & was wondering if you happen to have purchased one of mine.

I'm in the panhandle... I'm the original owner of one from Marathon Music in south florida and the other I got off a classified.

Racerxrated":179zwnal said:
littleguitars":179zwnal said:
glassjaw7":179zwnal said:

New they were 1899, and I think they went down to around 1200? Now, I see them used for at least that.....2555 that is. You can still get the 25w head/combo new. But not the 100w version.

Thanks!

lespaul6":8aeyxr4j said:
I'm in the panhandle... I'm the original owner of one from Marathon Music in south florida and the other I got off a classified.

I live right around the corner from Marathon....Well the old location that is.

Detroit1973":ksj6hq0b said:
lespaul6":ksj6hq0b said:

I live right around the corner from Marathon....Well the old location that is.

the one in Boynton?

Back