Modded Marshall Hi Gain Plexi HOPKINS PANDORA Mod S/N 006

NewReligion

Listen here for this exact amp Hopkins Pandora #006

US ONLY

$1800. Plus $50 Shipping YouTube Link https://www.ebay.com/itm/263604388369

I am OCD about my work. I have moved 10 amps in 20 days. This is the first one to make it to Listing.
I have been building and modding for 10 years and finally decided to produce a few amps as a hobby in order to bring the $4,000. circuits to the players not willing to spend that amount of money. Though I own many I agree it is way too much money.

This is a High and Low Gain input Modded Master Volume modded Marshall in a Plexi chassis and head box retaining the open Marshall Growl. It is also equipped with a Metro Zero Loss Effects Loop set for Unity Gain. All New Ruby EL34B ouput tubes biased at 60% dissipation for optimum Brown tone attack.

I fine tune all of my amps for the best that each individual amp is capable to produce as my teachers have been Mark Cameron and Terry Schaffer. I have studied Dave Friedman, Lee Jackson, R. Bogner and of course Jose Arredondo. Fortin, Gower Jerry at FJA and all the other guys are just doing what I am doing, learning from the masters. I take my time with each amp and use the best components and roll tubes to achieve the growl, sustain and attack needed to achieve my end results with many of my own ideas incorporated making it my circuit. No shortcuts. All time, patients and care go into creating each amps circuit. "No Fizzness All Business." It is Pandora in a box...♫

After extensive research I have decided to offer two models at this time, the "MorningStar", a little more bright and stiffer and this, the "Pandora" Darker with a little give to dig in and kill. Both amps use 4 12AX7 preamp tubes with a Cathode Follower though I will soon be releasing a 4 stage non cathode follower amp relative to Bogner, Splawn and a few other designers once I am certain it is stable and offer 3 different tone stacks with it.

This is only a hobby for me. I just want to please some guitarist as companies keep putting out disappointing amps that sound like fizz IMO.

Nothing leaves my shop until I have played it for 10 hours with proper burn in (Flowing of capacitors and settling of the circuit with a second final bias.)

Bid with confidence. For any questions reach me at New_Religion@Live.com

mooncobra":161pl77f said:
sounds good

Thank you. I have it down to memory after doing about 20 of these total. I just recently gave it a name and started tracking the two mods. I'm a little excited to get started on the 4 stage non cathode follower flame thrower.

Peace, David...♫

I'd be very careful dropping Friedman's BE-100 name while claiming the work of the product as your own for profit. That's a damn good way to get sued. Friedman frequents this forum under RACK SYSTEMS. Just an FYI that you've been warned.

glpg80":10jtmyh4 said:
I'd be very careful dropping Friedman's BE-100 name while claiming the work of the product as your own for profit. That's a damn good way to get sued. Friedman frequents this forum under RACK SYSTEMS. Just an FYI that you've been warned.

Thanks for the great advice and warning.

I believe Dave would be more concerned with Nik at CERIACLONE as he has posted the entire layout to the BE-100 calling it the AH-100 (Ass Hole 100).

I did not steal Dave's BE-100 circuit just as I did not steal from Mark Cameron or anyone else. It is a culmination of many studies as it was with both Dave and Mark. I see guys claiming idea's to be there own then I see Lee Jackson had done it 30 years ago lol.

I am proud to have my own circuit(s) going own. Perhaps I should not name drop, in fact I will not any longer though a couple are friends such as Mark Cameron, oh damn, I did it again. Mark has taught me a lot!

As for the SAT switch it is now a Dark switch and uses different values and components to achieve a better smoother effect. In fact its not saturation at all it is clipping and there are better ways to do it. This too was discussed on the phone with a friend who is a famous builder, full of great ideas. His amps command the highest prices new and used.

But thanks again for the concern. You can clearly hear my work is more open and growls more like a Marshall than the 3 BE 100's I own as this appears to be what people are asking for. Fortin, Gower Jery at FJA they all are doing the same thing except I do believe a few are trying to duplicate exactly and their work sounds like shit...No I wont call them out we all know who they are.

I will make a point to not name drop or offend or "ride on the coat tails" of any prominent builders. Sure glad I didn't borrow from anyone who didn't borrow from Jose who didn't borrow from Marshall who didn't borrow from Fender who didn't borrow from RCA who didn't borrow from AT&T who didn't steal from an employee.

I already offer a mod that replaces the Friedman SAT and now it is about to split into a second offering. Smooth Sustain...♫

In all honesty thank you for bringing attention of my oversight to light. Much appreciated as this either as a business or hobby has proven to be full of cut throats and free loaders (Sloclone).

Regards, Hoppy the happy hobbyist. David aka New Religion aka Axis. Play well or stay home.

Best of luck Dave, it's a cut throat business but I think you will do well since you do your own thing. You're not out there copying others work to get on top so I wish nothing but the best for you

Bloodrock":1gxo9bo4 said:
You should clone a Blades and call it the Firebox 100! JK.. good luck David.

No Cloning. But if I did it would be the Solderbox. If I were mean and I'm not lol I would have said Sh!tbox, Litterbox, you get the point. He does a fair job at cloning but they still seem to miss the extra sparkle. I am guessing because he just follows the paint by number scheme and does not tune each amp individually. I sure hope his craftmanship with solder and an iron has improved since I saw his last bit of work whew...10 extra pounds of metal there. Okay I should not be cutting on anyone as I have burnt a hole in my hand with solder...............When I was 10 lol. I grabbed some 120VAC last week and blown a small brown hole in my thumb two years ago with about 230VDC. Damn, it smelled like the ex wife's cooking. My fiance is a master in the kitchen and has a pretty good ear for tone too. She would monitor our bands db level as the night went on.

Wow Squirl, Rant over. FIREBOX...I Like It!!!!! I had one once. It was a pre 500 Dual Rectifier or is that Recti"fire"lol. No shit it caught fire 1993/4. That was my first shot at working on amps. I got it working but never sounded the same, dumped it.

Sorry long day. Sold an amp, Have another sold that I need to fab and just finished one. Guy tried to pay up front. I said no way. I'll finish it, you approve it then send $, I just want guys to get decent tone without taking out a mortgage. Hell of a hobby. Man I got 4 hits off this listing. Two more jobs. Even Jack Frost from Lizzy Borden, Seven Witches hit me up. I told him to call me. If dudes don't really know what they want I will not take the job, that's just a bad review waiting to happen.

I thought I retired.

Later.

EXPcustom":v7wsaaee said:
Best of luck Dave, it's a cut throat business but I think you will do well since you do your own thing. You're not out there copying others work to get on top so I wish nothing but the best for you

Thanks Jason...♫

I am OCD about my work. I have moved 10 amps in 20 days. Nothing leaves my shop until I have played it for 10 hours with proper burn in (Flowing of capacitors and settling of the circuit with a second final bias.) [/quote said:
wow your really dedicated,thats 100 hrs of playing/burn in in 20 days,so that would be 5 hrs a day .between that modding and working when do you sleep ?
BTW I'm still wondering what mod you did to the amp I ask you about in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=194960

Sounds pretty damn good to me.. I am guessing some diodes in there because some clips sound how i like my marshall to sound when boosted with an OD. Plenty of room in the market, Dave will continue to be successful as he has a ton of products and has the design to manufacture to sale down pat by now.

splatter":217ekuz0 said:
I am OCD about my work. I have moved 10 amps in 20 days. Nothing leaves my shop until I have played it for 10 hours with proper burn in (Flowing of capacitors and settling of the circuit with a second final bias.) [/quote:217ekuz0 said:
wow your really dedicated,thats 100 hrs of playing/burn in in 20 days,so that would be 5 hrs a day .between that modding and working when do you sleep ?
BTW I'm still wondering what mod you did to the amp I ask you about in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=194960

Hi Splatter, yes I retired well at age 50 and am OCD retired Military Combat DAV so I do not sleep much. I am dedicated to my hobby and playing when my fiance and I are not traveling. I took a chance and ordered several amps and had a few ready to go. When I said play for ten hours I should have clarified playing it on and off as it burns in for 10 hours.

From a single posting of a demo I was overwhelmed with request's so I agreed to take work from a few players who knew what they wanted. If they are/were not sure I ask them to think about it a while as I need no dissatisfied customers. To compete in this business as a hobbyist I have learned quickly with some help from friends (which I will not mention but have their blessings as my work is my own and they are my mentors) to not drop names, speak ill of anyone or give out my mod recipes lol. Yes One prominent friend called me last night to let me know all is cool and they have gotten a few phone calls about me. He told them my work is my own. Thank you (You know who you are Mr Nameless lol).

I manage my time very efficiently and would be happy to discuss with you any interest you may have in a modded high gain Marshall based amp if desired. Many ways to skin a cat.

In order to better answer your question to what my mod is please read on.

I charge $400 to do my Pandora or MorningStar mods. If a Loop is requested I use a Metro Zero Loss at $75 and install for $75 for a total of $150 + $400. So $550 plus customers round trip insured shipping. Pretty affordable compared to some others and the proof is in my videos as I record each amp and talk extensively with customers about expectations.

Allow me to give you a detailed break down of how I work. You will get more out of this. And please feel free to email me at any time as I believe I stated I am retired, just trying to spread to love of tone and stay busy...♫ There are guys that can't play but can afford $4000 amps. Then there are people that can play like the devil but can't afford the $4000 amps so I try to get them close without taking out a mortgage. I don't need the money but my time is not free. Currently I am building a Pandora for a wealthy guitarist from California who pays the same as the unnamed pro player I just delivered a Pandora to which is the same price to charged to some up and coming guitar God finishing High School living in the projects. Integrity and Ethics.

My Process...Extensive indeed. Not quite like (No Name) who allows the amps to burn on high for 24 hours wow! I am present and in the general area at all times doing this, or restringing a guitar or playing the amp as it burns in or writing music. While you work, I do this.

I am in Indiana USA zip code 47834.

First I inspect the amp, clean all sockets, jacks and pots then set the bias. Then I go to work if all is well (Usually is).

If it is the 2204/2203/1987/1959 circuit I use 2 inputs. I add an extra 12AX7. This would give you a 4 stage High Gain and a 3 stage lower gain (Still smooth and great hot AC/DC tone (See my Video's). I also add a DPDT swtich which adds an assembly of components much like a couple other boutique amps (Dark clipping) they call Saturation? Or the opposite direction of my own design which makes it sustain even more and way smoother and open natural sounding than what the (dirty color) amp has on board. Either way it compresses the amp and you must turn up the master a bit to compensate. (No Big Deal).

I fine tune each amp as the base of my modifications are the same but each amp is different (Dagnall, Drake, Whatever? Voltages etc...) and will not leave my shop until it is 3 dimensional sounding or ("No Fizziness, All Business"). My work is consistent.

I spend hours sometimes with the amp doing meticulous work as the layout and lead dress can seriously affect the performance of the amp.

Once the amp is "finished". I turn it on and let it "Burn In". The proper term is flow the components which can take about 10 hours for all of the new work (components) to settle in. I play the amp a couple hours on and off to ensure there are no issues. I work one project at a time and it is all I do, focus on that one amp. I do not start a process on another, I am totally focused on that amp at hand.

When satisfied I bias it again to ensure all is well. I find my circuit operates at its best at 60% dissipation instead of the usual 70%. This too will save on tube life. On a side note I prefer the 50 watt versions likely because Marshall was prone to using Drakes more often in 50 watt amps but it is psychological because all of my personal and customers 100 watt amps kick ass too. I work with the filtering and voltages as I am in contact with the customer on and off through out the process providing video/audio.

My amps end up with Growl/Snarl, Singing single notes able to track as fast as you can possibly play. It is an amp built by a guitarist for a guitarist.

The signal also cleans up nicely with the guitar volume rolled back. Huge importance for me.

My mission statement is to bring a $4000 sounding amp to guys for about $400 in modifications. This includes all parts, socket and tube, work time, double bias and tweaking. If a effects loop is desired as stated before it is an extra $150. $75 for the Metro Zero Loss Loop and $75 for the install.

If you think you may be interested please email me at New_Religion@Live.com. I will answer and proceed from that point.

I hope I have answered some of your questions. But I really like to have a few clear photo's sent to my email before so I know what to expect.

In summary my amp mods are the Pandora and MorningStar. :LOL: :LOL:

Again, Email: New_Religion@Live.com

Respectfully, David Hopkins aka New Religion, Axis, Viking1

Kapo_Polenton":5uk3fgl4 said:
Sounds pretty damn good to me.. I am guessing some diodes in there because some clips sound how i like my marshall to sound when boosted with an OD. Plenty of room in the market, Dave will continue to be successful as he has a ton of products and has the design to manufacture to sale down pat by now.

Thanks Kapo...I am flattered. No Sir ALL TUBE tuned to my ear. There is however a choice of a added switch which does compress the signal that uses components that will clip but if it is not noted in my demo that it is turned on then it is all tube. This "Option can come in a couple different configurations. I have one that I called the dirty Sanchez but there are a couple mods by that name already and I did it as a joke so no it is off the table. But I can use something close to what is used in a brand of amp that uses dirty parts of anatomy as names which I think is too dark and harsh (Forgive me Mr Owner Designer lol) but I prefer a different series of components that actually sound way smoother, open and actually sustains the signal instead of clipping it off killing the beautiful chiming octaves. Just my $.02

If I have offended anyone I do apologize as I learned from the greats going WAY back and developed my own circuits with the blessing of one of today's most sought after designer builder.

Thanks again Kapo, great great compliment.

Respectfully David Hopkins...♫

ALL TUBE HERE

I can recommend David and his work 100%. Iv had the pleasure of talking with him on several occasions and can tell you he knows what he is doing. Very smart and knowledgeable on how amps work and what it takes to make them sound fantastic. In my situation he went out of his way to help me trouble shoot a problem I had and was genuinely concerned and wanted to help me in anyway he could. Thats speaks a lot in my book. Plus all the clips sound fantastic?
Happy shredding fellas?

FLYINRYAN11":fi1berv0 said:
I can recommend David and his work 100%. Iv had the pleasure of talking with him on several occasions and can tell you he knows what he is doing. Very smart and knowledgeable on how amps work and what it takes to make them sound fantastic. In my situation he went out of his way to help me trouble shoot a problem I had and was genuinely concerned and wanted to help me in anyway he could. Thats speaks a lot in my book. Plus all the clips sound fantastic?
Happy shredding fellas?

Thank you Ryan.

David...♫

Back