Modded Marshall Hi Gain Plexi HOPKINS PANDORA Mod S/N 006

NewReligion":13innm3h said:
Kapo_Polenton":13innm3h said:
Sounds pretty damn good to me.. I am guessing some diodes in there because some clips sound how i like my marshall to sound when boosted with an OD. Plenty of room in the market, Dave will continue to be successful as he has a ton of products and has the design to manufacture to sale down pat by now.

Thanks Kapo...I am flattered. No Sir ALL TUBE tuned to my ear. There is however a choice of a added switch which does compress the signal that uses components that will clip but if it is not noted in my demo that it is turned on then it is all tube. This "Option can come in a couple different configurations. I have one that I called the dirty Sanchez but there are a couple mods by that name already and I did it as a joke so no it is off the table. But I can use something close to what is used in a brand of amp that uses dirty parts of anatomy as names which I think is too dark and harsh (Forgive me Mr Owner Designer lol) but I prefer a different series of components that actually sound way smoother, open and actually sustains the signal instead of clipping it off killing the beautiful chiming octaves. Just my $.02

If I have offended anyone I do apologize as I learned from the greats going WAY back and developed my own circuits with the blessing of one of today's most sought after designer builder.

Thanks again Kapo, great great compliment.

Respectfully David Hopkins...♫

ALL TUBE HERE

Even better then. That's tight as hell!

I've had the pleasure of dealing with David recently and what I have found is: He's genuinely concerned that your are happy with whatever it is he's done to an amp or in my case, he's sent you a mod to install in your amp. Seems like a stand up kinda guy to me! :thumbsup: :rock: :thumbsup: :rock:

kurtsstuff2003":1ey4ldp5 said:
I've had the pleasure of dealing with David recently and what I have found is: He's genuinely concerned that your are happy with whatever it is he's done to an amp or in my case, he's sent you a mod to install in your amp. Seems like a stand up kinda guy to me! :thumbsup: :rock: :thumbsup: :rock:

Thank you Kurt.

David...♫

Deanmachine":2ina6iv2 said:
Is the mod available on a full amp build/mod or customer supplied amp/mod only basis ?

Hello and thank you for the interest. Though I have built ground up I am not offering Full Amp Builds at this time. I am only applying it to the non master volume model family (1987/1959) and JMP/JCM 800 Series Model (2203 2204). Or any clones. (Metro etc...).

I have One arriving today and 2 more scheduled over the next week. I will only have one on the bench and 1 here waiting at any time. Turn around is usually 2-4 days from when I begin work as I work only that head until it meets my and the customers expectation.

NOTE: See Process Above.

David...♫

I recently talked to David about amps for a good while. He was fired up and is clearly passionate about what he's doing. After talking with him and seeing this was a person who could clearly be trusted, I sent him my amp for his mods.

I won't go on about how over the top his customer care was. You can experience that for yourself as it's a real treat! His turnaround was fast as well. I think when my amp was up on his bench he spent all of Friday night and all day Saturday on it, and probably Sunday.
Not only did I get back a fire breather, I made a new friend.

I've had many modded Marshalls and right now I am digging this Pandora big time. What really does it for me is the fact it retains the Marshall mids. Great mod that was done by someone who is worse than me with being anal.

Tight low end, huge snarl, and most of all the Marshall mid is intact. His clipping circuit is also excellent. It doesn't over compress, over clip the top end off, or cut a lot of volume. There's a sweet spot on the master where the volume really jumps up so I didn't have to go too much higher than no clipping. You don't need to use the clipping to get there as the amp has way more than enough gain without it. My tone stack is pretty much still as it was before the mod so I don't have to turn my TMB up any more than I was before the mods which was pretty much below half with the treble and presence. A little over half with my Bass and mids. It's all still intact. Mean ass amp now.
Don't hesitate to send David your amp.

glip22":3i144w76 said:
I recently talked to David about amps for a good while. He was fired up and is clearly passionate about what he's doing. After talking with him and seeing this was a person who could clearly be trusted, I sent him my amp for his mods.

I won't go on about how over the top his customer care was. You can experience that for yourself as it's a real treat! His turnaround was fast as well. I think when my amp was up on his bench he spent all of Friday night and all day Saturday on it, and probably Sunday.

I've had many modded Marshalls and right now I am digging this Pandora big time. What really does it for me is the fact it retains the Marshall mids. Great mod that was done by someone who is worse than me with being anal.

Tight low end, huge snarl, and most of all the Marshall mid is intact. His clipping circuit is also excellent. It doesn't over compress, over clip the top end off, or cut a lot of volume. There's a sweet spot on the master where the volume really jumps up so I didn't have to go too much higher than no clipping. You don't need to use the clipping to get there as the amp has way more than enough gain without it. My tone stack is pretty much still as it was before the mod so I don't have to turn my TMB up any more than I was before the mods which was pretty much below half with the treble and presence. A little over half with my Bass and mids. It's all still intact. Mean ass amp now.

That's awesome, its great there is another modification guy who does great work,. The stuff I have heard sounds awesome! well done!

David and I have spoken in PM a few times and +1 I can vouch he's a stand-up guy. If I didn't have plans to do my own modded marshall build, I'd be sending him something in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

glip22":1zfz6oby said:

Hello glip22 my friend. I am so pleased you are enjoying the amp. She was an honor to work with. That 1973 Super Lead sure was sweet up under the skirt. :) Great sounding Transformers and "ALL" top quality components.

I really appreciate the positive review and knowing I have a new friend.

My purpose is to deliver maximum tone for minimum cost. No Fizziness, All Business. You were actually easy to work with as you knew exactly what you wanted as I have saturated Youtube with MorningStar and Pandora video's lol.

I am looking forward to our next project.

Thanks again for such a wonderful review. It truly makes me happy to know you dig my work and the tone from my ears to yours.

Respectfully, David...♫

mooncobra":2o0vya8g said:
glip22":2o0vya8g said:

That's awesome, its great there is another modification guy who does great work,. The stuff I have heard sounds awesome! well done!

Thank you...♫

glpg80":3gi9tf7k said:
David and I have spoken in PM a few times and +1 I can vouch he's a stand-up guy. If I didn't have plans to do my own modded marshall build, I'd be sending him something in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to hearing your amp.

David...♫

marshall is going to sue everyone, then fender then the ghosts of people that want to claim some random thing is a derivative or something new

copyright laws are such bullshit

Clip is rippin’. Guitar? Pickups?
Just your run of the mill good sounding Les Paul standard with stock pickups. Restrung with 10-56 tuned Eb, still struggling with the string gauge on a 3 stage Marshall. It will make a player out of you lol.

Great technique! Well played. The rig suits you well.

David...♫
It’s not as much gain or as aggressive as your designs but it’s ozzy no more tears level with an SD-1 in the front which was the intended purpose. Gain it up without changing the pick attack or much of the Marshall characteristics. I’m sure it has more in it, just volume is needed to get there.

Back