Jubilee Reissue Sounds Awesome, check this!

lespaul6":23bjg5mq said:
Detroit1973":23bjg5mq said:
lespaul6":23bjg5mq said:
I'm in the panhandle... I'm the original owner of one from Marathon Music in south florida and the other I got off a classified.

I live right around the corner from Marathon....Well the old location that is.

the one in Boynton?

Yeah. I live behind sunshine square...which is where the old location was. it is now in front of the Boynton Mall.

I just picked up the 2555X based on this video :)
Taken me a little bit to figure out the controls, first thing I noticed was that it didn't seem very loud compared to every other 100 watters I've tried where you can't go past 2. Checked online and it seems to be a normal thing, you really have to crank the lead master and output master, or dime one and use the other to get real loud.

Goosed with my MXR Custom Badass OD (pedal is in the SD-1 territory but retains all the bass), it really does metal well. More smooth tone than the 2203, or even a 2205 that I used to have. Very harmonically complex, good bass available. Definitely scratches the itch for a higher gain marshall that retains its tone (unlike the DSL or JVM which are ok, but this is much better tone-wise)

I tried the Joe Bonamassa settings but didn't sound the same with my Explorer with 500T, or my hands :)

Back