Artinger Sakashta Noupaul-style 7-String

narad

Something's come up I'd really like so putting this up, $4k

sobjkhss4iuytwouzsku.jpg

Would prefer cash but would also consider high-end amps like SLO, Wizard, Ultra-Lead, Diezel, Two-Rock, Amplified Nation, Glaswerks.

Copy/paste from my Reverb listing with more pics:
https://reverb.com/item/10405087-arting ... ul-tribute

Regrettably listing one of my rather unique guitars for sale -- this Sakashta Noupaul-inspired guitar built by Matt Artinger a few years ago. Matt had access to one of Taku's guitars and was able to study its construction closely, and so was able to replicate some of the properties which make those instruments so sought after. Of course it helps that Matt is himself a top builder with more than a decade of experience! Anecdotally a member of TGP sold a burst conversion and several other very nice guitars upon receiving his.

The guitar boasts several unusual characteristics. It's a chambered body, and has been widened (slightly) and has full LP thickness. This is offset by deep contouring on the back, and I'd be impressed if anyone could find a more comfortable singlecut design -- I've certainly never played one (and own other examples from Huber and Hartung with similar but less exaggerated contouring on the back)! Following the Noupaul, there is inlaid burl wood to pay homage to the classic pickguard, and also along the arm contour, which again is a big ergonomic improvement over a standard singlecut contour.

There are several extra details that are just Matt being the superb builder that he is. Wood purfling lines the fretboard, but also between the board and the neck as you often see on high end acoustics. The nut is tastefully scalloped. Several bits of hardware are handcarved from ebony, including the tailpiece, pickup rings, and tuner pegs.

Finally the headstock references a rare 7-string design Taku did for one of his jazz guitars, with a decorative inlet, and ebony overlay. The logo has been pixeled out in these pics.

The scale is 25.0, which makes it a much more traditional sounding instrument than a typical 7. The neck contour is modeled on the Teuffel Tesla (and coincidentally a Michihiro Matsuda acoustic I ordered based off of it), and is probably the best 7-string neck I've ever played. Not quite as thick as a 59", and slightly offset with more mass on the bass side. The pickups are BKP Black Dogs, and deliver classic Page tones on the upper strings, and a mammoth grind when incorporating the 7th. It has typical LP-style switching, and a mini-toggle for splits.

I would have listed it in mint condition, but temperature flux caused a bit of glue expansion marks along one section of the neck pocket and on the bottom guitar strap. Functionally perfect and otherwise just as I had originally received it from Matt. Comes in a tight-fitting hardshell case.

A note on the photos: I used a polarized filter on some of the photos to manage the glare I was getting and show more details, but it also had the effect of suppressing a lot of the figure in the top. I added an extra pic straight out of my phone as just a basic representative shot of the maple figure. There's a good amount of movement in this one!

Bump. Some amps I'd really like to purchase before moving overseas in 2 weeks. If you're interested shoot me a line and if the amps are still available maybe we can work something out.

My apologies, I try not to post random comments in the classifieds when I know I can't but but WOW :shocked: :shocked:

Looks fantastic.

Back