SpiderWars":2e53i6n9 said:
That purple 1984 is sick! What size are the Jescar 57110? I'm familiar with the 6100/etc numbers.

The Jescar model numbers are height first two 57 (.057" tall) and width next three 110 (.110" wide). 57110 is equivalent to 6100, just way better quality wire than Dunlop. 6100 is .055" x .110", so the Jescar is a tiny hair taller at .057", but .002" isn't something you'd notice.

Since there are only thirty-something D'Avanzo guitars probably very few people have ever played one. But, buy with confidence, guys. The quality is outstanding, comparable to many much, much higher priced options.

Thanks guys! Yeah, you won't see tons of reviews or talk about my guitars (still trying to gain traction and build the brand) but all of the reviews on here and TGP have been stellar and one thing I'm quite proud of to help prove the quality is that a bunch of the guitars actually live in pairs. Meaning, guys like the first one so much they buy a second one. This makes for less people to give their two cents on the guitars, but I think it speaks volumes more about them since people are willing to come back for seconds after playing the first one instead of going to another brand. To me that means a lot since it helps me realize I must be doing something right if just one D'Avanzo guitar isn't enough haha.

Man those look fantastic. Very nice.

Curious: any chance of doing 7 or 8 strings? I’m always on the look out for traditional looking extended range stuff.

cardinal":2g8w3md2 said:

Curious: any chance of doing 7 or 8 strings? I’m always on the look out for traditional looking extended range stuff.

I doubt I'd do 8 strings, but a 7 string version of my JD body shape is something I've thought about trying. It would be quite a while before I get to that though.

XSSIVE":3vmnt24q said:
cardinal":3vmnt24q said:

I doubt I'd do 8 strings, but a 7 string version of my JD body shape is something I've thought about trying. It would be quite a while before I get to that though.

Cool, thanks. I’m a long-time 7-string player moving to 8s recently.

FYI, it’s easy to work up a 27” scale Fender type for an 8-string (or 7 I guess). Just start with the idea of a 21 fret F-type and make the neck one fret longer at the headstock end. Now you have a 27” scale, 22 fret neck that works perfectly with a typica F-style body layout.

Back