Polyphia?

SpiderWars

I just now realized I missed Plini (and Tauk) in Atlanta but youtube migrated me from Plini to Polyphia. And they are coming to town soon. Anybody seen them? Any fans?

Just discovered them a few weeks back. I love them. I can’t believe their chops, but more their growth and phrasing in just a few short years. IMO they, along with guys like Plini are the ones on the forefront of pushing guitar forward.

Not a fan. They're talented no doubt, the problem is that they know it. Egos larger than space itself - modern day Yngwie twats. I enjoy core music but won't listen to anything polyphia.

glpg80":1wbtjiqb said:
Not a fan. They're talented no doubt, the problem is that they know it. Egos larger than space itself - modern day Yngwie twats. I enjoy core music but won't listen to anything polyphia.
Well thats sad to hear. But to be fair, it never stopped me from liking Yngwie's playing.

To keep this going:

To go from this at 19-20 years old: Core Shred

To this a year later: Fusion Shred

To this a year later: HipHop mixed with Fusion - Seriously check this out!

mooncobra":1wz17wqf said:
glpg80":1wz17wqf said:

+1 - here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv7Hyz4hqm0

talented for sure, but I am not a fan of the music, too upbeat and poppy sounding for me.
I'm cool with upbeat and poppy sometimes. Before discovering Zeppelin and Skynyrd in my teens I loved pop as a kid. I still love Stevie Wonder/Elton John and few others. Maybe I'm just pissed I just barely missed Plini and I want to go see something similar. :yes:

SpiderWars":4cbph1n9 said:
mooncobra":4cbph1n9 said:
glpg80":4cbph1n9 said:

+1 - here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv7Hyz4hqm0

talented for sure, but I am not a fan of the music, too upbeat and poppy sounding for me.
I'm cool with upbeat and poppy sometimes. Before discovering Zeppelin and Skynyrd in my teens I loved pop as a kid. I still love Stevie Wonder/Elton John and few others. Maybe I'm just pissed I just barely missed Plini and I want to go see something similar. :yes:

I actually like some older top 40 stuff, nothing recent, but I just meant the sound of polyphia, too upbeat for me, and all their songs sound very similar.

Once I looked closer at the upcoming Polyphia show I noticed the headliner is Chon. The other two are TTNG and Tricot.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't sit thru a set of Tricot and TTNG appears to have vocals that I'm just not into. But Chon has some cool stuff. So for $20 it seems like a potentially decent show. Each band will prob only be what, 45 minutes maybe more for Chon. I just need to show up late enough to not see Tricot.

Anybody into Chon?

SpiderWars":2xok88dw said:
Once I looked closer at the upcoming Polyphia show I noticed the headliner is Chon. The other two are TTNG and Tricot.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't sit thru a set of Tricot and TTNG appears to have vocals that I'm just not into. But Chon has some cool stuff. So for $20 it seems like a potentially decent show. Each band will prob only be what, 45 minutes maybe more for Chon. I just need to show up late enough to not see Tricot.

Anybody into Chon?

Just discovered Chon this past year, and Polyphia a few months back .. We're going to that show at the Paradise in Boston on 6/10 . .Can't wait!

Eric

When I hear about a new guitar oriented metal band I assume Djent. When I hear them refered to as "Core" I assume Djent with cookie monster vocals and crab like choreography on stage or video. :doh:

When I clicked on the "Champagne" video and saw they weren't singing I was right, math metal. :aww:

Anyways I found it strange they had girls giving them a lice examination for most of the "Champagne" video on the couch but I must be old I am out of touch with what the kids are into now a days. Lice exams... whatever :confused:

I would like to add I like the way the one girl looks at his shoulder to see if any lice eggs have fallen off his head after she ran her hand through his hair. That's a thorough lice exam. :thumbsup:

EXPcustom":14whj9ku said:
Anyways I found it strange they had girls giving them a lice examination for most of the "Champagne" video on the couch but I must be old I am out of touch with what the kids are into now a days. Lice exams... whatever :confused:

:D

I just had to stifle outright laughter at work.

We don't laugh in this office.

Back