Torpedo Studio... still smiling 1.5 years later

JerEvil

I was fortunate enough to get my Studio about a year and a half ago when I was strictly using my Kemper to record. I was sick of not being able to use my real amps at proper volume and was sick of the profile rabbit hole.

Got the Live on a Black Friday Sweetester deal. After two days, I knew I love bed it but regretted not going “full potato” so much called my rep, returned the Live and got the Studio. To say I couldn’t be happier is an understatement. It’s become an integral piece of my home studio.

Anyway, just wanted to share some love for the Torpedo Studio.

Here’s some recent vid clips:

Vid #1: "Hail to the King"
No guessing on the inspiration for this track! Showing off some thrashy tones with the KSR Juno on the Clip and Lead modes.

Vid #2: "The Folly of Youth" - Cheery 2000 (my original punk project)
Used the Crunch mode for all rhythms and the Clip mode for the lead.

Vid #3: Full Playthrough - All Channels/Knobs/Switchs
If you go to YouTube, there are chapter links in the description

Vid #1: "Hail to the King"
No guessing on the inspiration for this track! Showing off some thrashy tones with the KSR Juno on the Clip and Lead modes.

Vid #2: "The Folly of Youth" - Cheery 2000 (my original punk project)
Used the Crunch mode for all rhythms and the Clip mode for the lead.

Vid #3: Full Playthrough - All Channels/Knobs/Switchs
If you go to YouTube, there are chapter links in the description

Vid #4: Groovy Stoney Fuzz - Some pedals from Basic Audio

Thx for sharing your clips dude! Before I got my vh4 pedal I had seen your video. Amazing piece of equipment! I ve been using the torpedo CAB for more than a year, but having an isolation cabinet helps me record using not only the preamp section but also the power section of my mesa boogie mark 3. Some day I might end up selling both my iso cab and torpedo CAB and get myself the studio! Recording in stereo must be so sick!

sotosprince":rzu36dlc said:
Thx for sharing your clips dude! Before I got my vh4 pedal I had seen your video. Amazing piece of equipment! I ve been using the torpedo CAB for more than a year, but having an isolation cabinet helps me record using not only the preamp section but also the power section of my mesa boogie mark 3. Some day I might end up selling both my iso cab and torpedo CAB and get myself the studio! Recording in stereo must be so sick!
Awesome! My situation definitely required as silent a recording setup as possible! Thanks for checking it the vids! The VH4 pedal is amazing. I need to check out the Herbert one now. I was thinking about trying the CAB out with my Helix to see how the Two Notes cabs would sound with it.

JerEvil":2pm7qv8w said:
sotosprince":2pm7qv8w said:
Awesome! My situation definitely required as silent a recording setup as possible! Thanks for checking it the vids! The VH4 pedal is amazing. I need to check out the Herbert one now. I was thinking about trying the CAB out with my Helix to see how the Two Notes cabs would sound with it.
Yes, that might be interesting!

i use my helix with a live all the time, they play well together. im not totally into the helix cabs and think ir's sound better. i remove the cab or ir and go into the line input on the back. it does affect the cab placement routing, i could probably put the cab in a loop but it's simple this way. i like the two notes cabs so using remote makes it easier plus the helix has great eq's and a high low cut which helps to tame some of the ribbon mics boomy nature

Back