Gonna join the Wizard club..again....MC1 incoming....

Racerxrated

Hey all. Gonna grab Martin's(LP6) updated MC1. Can't wait, I'm betting this is the one for me. I had a 50w MTL from '12 for a few months, great amp...but the mids were just too different for me. I believe that one didn't have the C trans, which makes for a more Marshall mid section from what I gather. This MC1 does have that C transformer....
So pumped...
:rock:

Man I'm jealous but stoked for you! If that's the same one from the classifieds I'm thinking of, I almost pulled the trigger last week. Enjoy the hell out of it, and do report back with your thoughts.

MetalHeadMike":2wnmu8no said:
Man I'm jealous but stoked for you! If that's the same one from the classifieds I'm thinking of, I almost pulled the trigger last week. Enjoy the hell out of it, and do report back with your thoughts.

I think a lot of people had their eye on that one. Myself included :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats! I should tell you every time I buy something...just so you know something really cool is about to pop up in the classifieds (Murphy's law)...and I can't buy it now. :LOL: :LOL:

SpiderWars":2szerj5d said:
Congrats! I should tell you every time I buy something...just so you know something really cool is about to pop up in the classifieds (Murphy's law)...and I can't buy it now. :LOL: :LOL:
Well, you did get that really cool Cornford, those are great amps too.... :rock:

Racerxrated":3jzc3t3p said:
Hey all. Gonna grab Martin's(LP6) updated MC1. Can't wait, I'm betting this is the one for me. I had a 50w MTL from '12 for a few months, great amp...but the mids were just too different for me. I believe that one didn't have the C trans, which makes for a more Marshall mid section from what I gather. This MC1 does have that C transformer....
So pumped...

Congrats! I think this MC1 should check all the boxes for you. The MC mid voicing is much more in the classic Marshall zone. Brighter, more upper mids, crunchier.

mhenson42":3jzc3t3p said:
MetalHeadMike":3jzc3t3p said:

Indeed... we did. :yes:

I had my eye on it and I already have 2 MCIs stacked on top of each other lol!
Congrats I think you will like it! All I've played for the last 25 months (I'm keeping track lol)

Also a killer price he had that listed at, mine were priced about the same and likely the ONLY reason I was able to get my hands on a Wizard. I don't go much higher than this for used stuff lol. Knowing what I know now I'd pay new prices for one though, and never in my life have I never paid remotely that much for a new piece of gear. I'd have to get rid of about 10 amps and guitars first lol.

Wizard of Ozz":39p8xdlj said:
Racerxrated":39p8xdlj said:
So pumped...

Congrats! I think this MC1 should check all the boxes for you. The MC mid voicing is much more in the classic Marshall zone. Brighter, more upper mids, crunchier.

mhenson42":39p8xdlj said:
MetalHeadMike":39p8xdlj said:

Indeed... we did. :yes:
Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty sure when I've heard them live, it's been the MCI/II. Very Marshally. I have a 76 1960a with original GBs, a Mesa Traditional and an 83 1960a with 65s. I should be good with speakers. The MTL was a great amp, just splitting hairs a bit but when you spend that much on an amp it's gotta check all the boxes....

sjk":2gussn46 said:
I had my eye on it and I already have 2 MCIs stacked on top of each other lol!
Congrats I think you will like it! All I've played for the last 25 months (I'm keeping track lol)
Thanks! That's awesome, 2? I would think they'd be pretty close in tone unlike Marshalls that can vary from one to another...
But if you have the opportunity to get another killer amp.......

sjk":21xz0fvk said:
Also a killer price he had that listed at, mine were priced about the same and likely the ONLY reason I was able to get my hands on a Wizard. I don't go much higher than this for used stuff lol. Knowing what I know now I'd pay new prices for one though, and never in my life have I never paid remotely that much for a new piece of gear. I'd have to get rid of about 10 amps and guitars first lol.
I had to sell a couple things to get this....but when Martin listed it I knew I had to try the MCI/II. Seems the lead channel is the same between the I/II and that's all I needed to hear.
Do you like those 65s I sold you long ago with your MCI?

When does this land? Florida stuff takes awhile lol!
Excited to find out if it does it for you.

That's actually really funny, my wife is legally deaf and wears hearing aids (has worn them from the time she a child). She goes to bed early and takes them out. I work different hrs and stay up later so it's perfect :LOL: :LOL:

sjk":2bfhjcqt said:
That's actually really funny, my wife is legally deaf and wears hearing aids (has worn them from the time she a child). She goes to bed early and takes them out. I work different hrs and stay up later so it's perfect :LOL: :LOL:
:D
I'm working from home now so I usually break away and go LOUD for 20-40 minutes every day so I'll be able to put it through it's paces, depending on what time it gets here.
What power tubes do you like? EL34Ls? I remember the MTL I had liked those best.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this one. Please post the general settings you find that work for you. My older somewhat updated MCI has been my main amp for past 2 yrs and I haven't felt the need to use my newer 2016 MCII for much.

Drkorey":djo8dh1v said:
I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this one. Please post the general settings you find that work for you. My older somewhat updated MCI has been my main amp for past 2 yrs and I haven't felt the need to use my newer 2016 MCII for much.
Will do!

Happy New Amp Day in Advance!!

Definitely gonna be a Wizard in my future at some point... still narrowing it down to the MCI or MCII. Very much looking forward to your thoughts on both. Congrats!!

Back