Show your rigs!

Head previously owned by Billy Corgan and used on the 2000 Machina tour. Sold all of my other amps. This one's a beast.

ZznlVOG.jpg

Most of it...

ZunJJuI.jpg

KSR Gemini
Diezel Herbert
Wizard MC2 & MTL
Mesa JP2C & Mesa Triple Recto MW
Mesa MKIII++ DRG Blue, MKIII++ DRG Green
2 Mesa MKIII DRG Greens
Mesa MKIVB

Not shown... my 1967 Marshall SLP and matching 1967 Marshall 4X12 and 1984 Mesa MKIIC+ DRG... kept offsite in a non-disclosed secure location.

:)

Wizard of Ozz":1zxfcgw9 said:
Most of it...

ZunJJuI.jpg

KSR Gemini
Diezel Herbert
Wizard MC2 & MTL
2 Mesa MKIII DRG Greens
Mesa MKIVB

Not shown... my 1967 Marshall SLP and matching 1967 Marshall 4X12 and 1984 Mesa MKIIC+ DRG... kept offsite in a non-disclosed secure location.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Wizard of Ozz":23uhljsj said:
Most of it...

ZunJJuI.jpg

KSR Gemini
Diezel Herbert
Wizard MC2 & MTL
2 Mesa MKIII DRG Greens
Mesa MKIVB

DAM
Thats a killer collection :rock: :rock:

Wizard of Ozz":2m6xltlz said:
Most of it...

ZunJJuI.jpg

KSR Gemini
Diezel Herbert
Wizard MC2 & MTL
2 Mesa MKIII DRG Greens
Mesa MKIVB

/Thread

glpg80":1we9d8k3 said:
JTyson":1we9d8k3 said:
glpg80":1we9d8k3 said:
That strat is my number 1 :rock:

I sanded the finish off of the neck, so it's a natural birdseye maple neck now. I also put a brass nut on it, and it's loaded with artist SRV scatter-wound pickups in the center and neck. Also put the noiseless springs on it, and I put a Wilkinson trem on it as well. I run the stock bridge pickup because it's super hot and sounds great. That guitar is the reason I sold my ESP MII custom special - it tonally does everything the ESP did but does it better. The alder body/maple top is a killer combination that I've found is damn hard to beat :rock: :rock:
The Wilkinson has had my interest for years, I just never pulled the trigger on one, is it much better than stock?

Way better than stock. It's not even a contest. It was the first thing I did to the guitar, so I cannot make an honest comparison anymore. Highly highly recommended. It's stood up for over 6 years so far and not a single problem :rock:
I'm in..
I'm doing physical therapy to my shoulder so Im off for a few months, Ive been dragging out guitars and making them battle ready, I guess the strat will be 3rd in line. Im working on an old charvel model 4 neck-thru that I'm totally redoing all the electronics in and getting rid of all that on board crap and fitting for a Floyd. its gonna be killer.
Ill get a Wilkinson coming this way. Who do you think would have a decent price on one??

JTyson":3rpabblf said:
glpg80":3rpabblf said:
JTyson":3rpabblf said:
glpg80":3rpabblf said:
That strat is my number 1 :rock:

I sanded the finish off of the neck, so it's a natural birdseye maple neck now. I also put a brass nut on it, and it's loaded with artist SRV scatter-wound pickups in the center and neck. Also put the noiseless springs on it, and I put a Wilkinson trem on it as well. I run the stock bridge pickup because it's super hot and sounds great. That guitar is the reason I sold my ESP MII custom special - it tonally does everything the ESP did but does it better. The alder body/maple top is a killer combination that I've found is damn hard to beat :rock: :rock:
The Wilkinson has had my interest for years, I just never pulled the trigger on one, is it much better than stock?

Way better than stock. It's not even a contest. It was the first thing I did to the guitar, so I cannot make an honest comparison anymore. Highly highly recommended. It's stood up for over 6 years so far and not a single problem :rock:
I'm in..
I'm doing physical therapy to my shoulder so Im off for a few months, Ive been dragging out guitars and making them battle ready, I guess the strat will be 3rd in line. Im working on an old charvel model 4 neck-thru that I'm totally redoing all the electronics in and getting rid of all that on board crap and fitting for a Floyd. its gonna be killer.
Ill get a Wilkinson coming this way. Who do you think would have a decent price on one??

GL on the physical therapy - hope all of it turns out well :thumbsup:

You know, I have no idea what a price for one would be today. I did mine over 6 years ago, and honestly I don't even remember where I ordered it from to be honest. Been too many years. I do know one thing though, I've held onto that strat this long for a reason. It's a killer playing guitar that also sounds great.

I've deduced that after looking over this thread, I don't feel so bad anymore about wanting to build my dream stereo W/D rig anymore :LOL: :LOL:

glpg80":3n6bsc1h said:
I've deduced that after looking over this thread, I don't feel so bad anymore about wanting to build my dream stereo W/D rig anymore :LOL: :LOL:

You shouldn't. You only live once :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2009_09260044.jpg~original.jpg
    2009_09260044.jpg~original.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 4,051
  • SeparateWaysloadin032resized.jpg~original.jpg
    SeparateWaysloadin032resized.jpg~original.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 4,023
Zachman":3kw5ipfq said:
glpg80":3kw5ipfq said:
Exactly! You only live once, and if you can make your dream rig a reality, DO IT!! :thumbsup: I'm still working on mine, but it's pretty much been complete for a few years now. It has been entirely worth it!!

ChurchHill":1ijxb9uk said:
Zachman":1ijxb9uk said:
glpg80":1ijxb9uk said:
Exactly! You only live once, and if you can make your dream rig a reality, DO IT!! :thumbsup: I'm still working on mine, but it's pretty much been complete for a few years now. It has been entirely worth it!!

Hindsight being 20/20, the discoveries made along the way, were/are SO valuable and another cool facet of the fun to be had-- on the ride. ;) :thumbsup:

Took over part of the living room today :LOL: :LOL: Pretty happy with everything... no gas at the moment ;)

getpubthumb

Thats a Rivera Knucklehead Tre. Not the easiest amp to dial in but I dig it overall. Takes pedals well also and the clean channel is really good... not that I use the clean channel much :LOL: :LOL:

Cool! I've got an old Rivera Knucklehead 55. It doesn't see a lot of use lately, but I do like it. And yeah, the clean channel is really good. Always wanted one of the old Knucklehead 100s with 3 channels, or the rack version. Not sure how yours stacks up against mine (pretty sure they redesigned the preamp several times since mine was made), but I know what you mean. Not the easiest to dial in. Kinda picky about guitars and cabs, too. But when it's happy, it sounds pretty damn nice.

Pretty much what you said. The thing about the preamp is just by itself it doesn't sound all that great for what I like to play. But it sounds really good with most boost/od pedals. For the life of me though, I have a hard time capturing a good tone when used direct with my suhr reactive load + IRs + daw. Also it sounds its best when cranked up for sure. Not the best amp for an apartment lol.

ChurchHill":3vqucl23 said:
Cool! I've got an old Rivera Knucklehead 55. It doesn't see a lot of use lately, but I do like it. And yeah, the clean channel is really good. Always wanted one of the old Knucklehead 100s with 3 channels, or the rack version. Not sure how yours stacks up against mine (pretty sure they redesigned the preamp several times since mine was made), but I know what you mean. Not the easiest to dial in. Kinda picky about guitars and cabs, too. But when it's happy, it sounds pretty damn nice.

The original two-channel Knucklehead basically is a clean channel and a JCM800 channel, the (short-lived) Knucklehead II had a hotter lead channel, and the Knucklehead Reverb went to three channels with a more modern lead and the return of the original JCM800 channel. The K-Tre is an even heavier version of the Reverb and doesn´t have that middle crunch channel. Essentially every version has had a lead channel that was more modern and aggressive than the one before.

The rack-mounted TBR amps are quite different. There are three different versions with different lead channels; the Standard basically is a bassman/plexi, the M is a sort of cascaded Fender sound (like a ODS or Boogie Mark or the modded Fenders that Rivera made for the session guys earlier) and the SL is a screaming 80s-style hot rod Marshall that is way hotter than the K55 middle channel but voiced a lot more old school than the Knucklehead II, Reverb or Tre.

Back