Rebel 30 vs Rebel 30 MK II

Edge

I just got the Tweaker 15 Head and absolutely love it. however one thing I'm interested in is, silent recording with the tones of the amp.
I have a cab clone but not sure it will reproduce the great sounds I'm getting from a Morgan 1x12 and Mesa Lonestar 23 1x12.
I really have 2 questions
1. How is the XLR out on the Rebel ?
2. Which head is closer in tone to the Tweaker ? if at all

Thanks !

Edge":1rqdwf94 said:
Anybody have any insight at all ?

Thanks

I have the original Rebel 30 but honestly I haven't played much with the XLR out. I think I tested it once just to see how it would work but I don't remember much about how it sounded.

I can try to give it another shot and report back.

Lou

Thanks Lou, looking to record in Pro Tools. I have an Eleven Rack and Roland OctaCapture Audio interface, would love to be able to get the tones out of the Egnater just like through the cab.

Edge":paa0v2ze said:
Thanks Lou, looking to record in Pro Tools. I have an Eleven Rack and Roland OctaCapture Audio interface, would love to be able to get the tones out of the Egnater just like through the cab.

Getting tones from the XLR that sound just like the cab is a tall order. I'm pretty confident that you could probably get better tones out of your Eleven rack.

Sorry for the delay in uploading samples. I've been pretty busy and the OS drive in my DAW computer decided to blow up. Hopefully I'll have something by the weekend.

Lou

Here you go.

This was recorded with a Hanson Gatto Deluxe (funky Les Paul type guitar) with an Avatar Cabinet.

I basically recorded two clips- one clean and one distorted. Each clip was recorded with the DI and the Mic at the same time. There's no EQ, effects, or compression other than some volume boosting to make the levels match.

The DI sounds aren't amazing but honestly, I set the amp to sound good in the room and then recorded the DI. If I was monitoring the DI signal alone, I might have tweaked the amp completely differently and possible gotten better results. Who knows...

Anyway, here's the demo. Hope you find it useful. https://youtu.be/1r5R1DFfPpw

Edit: Fixed the broken Youtube link.

Back