Marshall Re-Issue vintage amps

• Thread starter Deleted member 25743
  • Start date
glip22":2lbe6ocx said:
Off topic but I see no problem modding a vintage amp when it was already modded to begin with. Most of what you see out there has already been drilled or modded. Thats what I look for if I want to mod one. My 73 pcb had four holes already drilled so I had it modded.
My 73 Superlead original turret had one hole drilled on the back for a PPIMV earlier in it's life. I still consider this amp an amp that should not be modded :thumbsup:
Yep, agree on both points!

:cheers:

CrazyNutz":1qaplm3v said:
glip22":1qaplm3v said:
Off topic but I see no problem modding a vintage amp when it was already modded to begin with.

Agree.

I agree as well. My 72 SL had a hole in the front and back. I said fuck it and added another tube for a mod and a few holes for switches. It’s been a Cameron Aldrich for the last 7+ years.

My 71 has a hole drilled in the front as well... I found some good brushed aluminum metal that matched perfectly so I filled it. I’ve tinkered with it, but it’s stock now.

CrazyNutz":2ciiuc0k said:
glpg80":2ciiuc0k said:
Who does the original marshall transformers better? metro/heyboer or merren?

Can't comment on the merren, however the metro/heyboer c1998 clones sound fantastic.
I can also attest that the Metro C1998 self lead is about as good as it gets

Just like pick ups from a 1958 Strat or Les Paul, all components and Iron are subject to changes in character due to time. One really needs to take the time, resources and precise measurements to get close. Then you have to factor Cabinet, Speaker and "Vintage wall Voltages etc.

Do not get in a hurry and allow for break in and flow times.

Just my $.02

David Hopkins...♫

Back